• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
What side of Indy are you on? I use to live 50 miles east. Wish I were living in SoWal!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We're in the city in the Meridian-Kessler neighborhood. How's this for a trip down memory lane? www.mkna.org for our neighborhood website!

We used to live in Atlanta and it was only a six hour's drive from SoWal. Now it's a good 12-13 hours...but worth every minute!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid said:
We're in the city in the Meridian-Kessler neighborhood. How's this for a trip down memory lane? www.mkna.org for our neighborhood website!

We used to live in Atlanta and it was only a six hour's drive from SoWal. Now it's a good 12-13 hours...but worth every minute!

Oh, Mermaid....I LOVE your neighborhood! You and Merman can really pick places to live!!!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
back in the day, I stayed many times in Carmel at a friends house, and had to drive a 22ft truck down BroadRipple to get supplies for a seminar! talk about panic mode! even the ducks were scared of my lack of experience at driving that truck! students will pretty much do any job for money, and it gives us great but terrifying memories for our old age.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore, I see you clicked on the "Home Tour" part of the website. Merman and I chair the tour so I get to pick out all the houses that are on it. :clap_1: I get lots of decorating and renovating ideas when I'm on the house-hunting prowl for the tour!

I guess one of the reasons that I love SoWal so much is that it reminds me of my own neighborhood--lots of charm, a quaint character, and nice people and a small town feel. But with the bonus of a gorgeous shoreline! (And I have to say that the alleyways at Seaside are much nicer than the alleyways we have. :clap_1: ) I feel as comfy and "at home" in SoWal as I do in Meridian-Kessler.

AB, you drove a truck that large through Broad Ripple????? WOW. For those of you who don't know Indy, Broad Ripple is a village with the same kind of feel as Grayton Beach. It's funky and unique and original and always fun. And definitely not an easy place to drive a big truck through! I'm impressed.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
Those are beautiful homes. Would love to go to the tour! There isn't much property along with their houses are there? Looked like they were very close together.

I am use to living rural now. We have 3+ acres and there are fields surrounding us full of horses owned by someone down the road. We are the only house on our lane. Saw 19 turkey behind our swimming pool this morning. The horses were following them around.

I have an aunt/uncle in Fishers, their son is in Chapel Hill subdivision on the west side, and their daughter and family lives in a new subdivision off of Pendelton Pike on the southeast side. They are spread out well enough. :D

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Mermaid said:
Oh, I love it! Love the whole philosophy behind your neighborhood, not to mention the beautiful homes! Would love to visit someday; it's closer than SoWal for me!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I did Mermaid....and I loved it! So cozy looking...none of those damned McMansions around, I hope!!!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Mermaid said:
AB, you drove a truck that large through Broad Ripple????? WOW. For those of you who don't know Indy, Broad Ripple is a village with the same kind of feel as Grayton Beach. It's funky and unique and original and always fun. And definitely not an easy place to drive a big truck through! I'm impressed.

Me too, especially that I made it in one piece! Everything pretty much just a blur. College summer jobs rule!