Metal detecting & Disc Golf

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by TreyKessler, Mar 24, 2014.

1. TreyKessler

TreyKessler Beach Crab

Hi, I'll be staying just a few feet from eastern lake next week for spring break, an I love to do some metal detecting, any suggestions on were to use my metal detector? Also Is there a disc golf course nearby?

2. TreyKessler

TreyKessler Beach Crab

Preferably a disc golf course within two miles of seaside. Or somewhere between seaside an panama

3. SkinShark

SkinShark Beach Lover

There is no official disc golf course in SRB. I tried to get one at Topsail State Park last year, but they declined due to not having enough room?? I'm pretty sure they don't understand the game, and that trees are usually hazards in the game, and that no tree would be harmed in the construction of a course. (Disc golfers+trees= tree huggers)...

You can go back up to Freeport and there is a course in the Hammock Bay Subdivision.

Or......make it a mission to get a course here locally. Visit our wonderful state parks and trails...check it out. Good luck!

4. SkinShark

SkinShark Beach Lover

Ps. I believe there is an ordinance against metal detectors in Sowal...not sure, but did hear that once..

5. South Walton Community Council

South Walton Community Council Community Organization

No metal detectors are allowed in State Parks, most everywhere else is fine on public property.

6. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

There are some local metal detector folks who guard their "territory" be cautious.