• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreyKessler

Beach Crab
Mar 24, 2014
Hi, I'll be staying just a few feet from eastern lake next week for spring break, an I love to do some metal detecting, any suggestions on were to use my metal detector? Also Is there a disc golf course nearby?

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
There is no official disc golf course in SRB. I tried to get one at Topsail State Park last year, but they declined due to not having enough room?? I'm pretty sure they don't understand the game, and that trees are usually hazards in the game, and that no tree would be harmed in the construction of a course. (Disc golfers+trees= tree huggers)...

You can go back up to Freeport and there is a course in the Hammock Bay Subdivision.

Or......make it a mission to get a course here locally. Visit our wonderful state parks and trails...check it out. Good luck!

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
Ps. I believe there is an ordinance against metal detectors in Sowal...not sure, but did hear that once..

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There are some local metal detector folks who guard their "territory" be cautious.