• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

photocat

Beach Comber
Feb 19, 2005
Hey Everyone,

It's been a loooong time since I last posted.

My husband and I are heading to Seacrest in mid-May. We've been down there in April and September before but never in May.

What can we expect weather-wise? Bug-wise? (Please, please no lovebugs!) Tourist-isty wise (colleges out?)?

We prefer October...except last time we planned for October, Ivan came through...we decided to try to go in front of hurricane season this time.

TIA!
Sue

Kiefer

Beach Crab
Feb 26, 2008
Touristy wise mid-May can be suprisingly quiet. The big rush comes a few days before Memorial Day weekend starts, around May 21.

Love bugs hatch in early May, depending on the temperature and rainfall, and usually last about 10 days.

Mid-May temperature should be in the high to mid 80's during the day, and in the 60's at night.

Hope this helps.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Personally, it's my favorite time. It's so refreshing to enjoy the warm weather and beautiful water after a long cold winter.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P2250029sm.jpg

One thing is for certain, in mid-May, the beach will not look like it did, yesterday. :roll:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Personally, it's my favorite time. It's so refreshing to enjoy the warm weather and beautiful water after a long cold winter.
Shhh. I thought we agreed not to tell anyone about May. :D