• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kitabear

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2008
I was just wondering what happened to Miss Lucilles? I drove by today and it said Sunrise Coffee Co.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
We started Miss Lucille's in 2001 and sold it in 2005. It was an immediate success, mostly because of what it was but in some small part because there was
litle else around in the area that offered what we did; a fun place where kids were welcomed, the adults had fun, the food and drink was top quality and the people working the counter enjoyed being there.

It had several owners after that and over the years and owners, it just seemed to loose its edge.

The current owner apparently thought that the area needed another coffee shop rather than a destination with character.

kitabear

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2008
Well during 2001-2005 it was the best! My favorite drink to get was the snicker espresso freeze before heading to work at Capo's. I loved the atmosphere there and the people during those years! I do hope someday you may think about opening again somewhere.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Considering the previous owner went bankrupt it was probably time for a change.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
I was just wondering what happened to Miss Lucilles? I drove by today and it said Sunrise Coffee Co.

You should have stopped, Sunrise is great coffee and is run by great people.

as for your question, not every "cutesy" concept generates the revenue to maintain a business.

kitabear

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2008
Well I never said anything about a "cutesy" concept. All I said was that I absolutely loved Miss Lucille's. I didn't even say anything negative about Sunrise.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
Remember Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor?

When the new owner changed it into a coffee shop, I bought the big painting that hung over the Victorian couch in the parlor. It was painted by the talented Billie Gaffrey and measures almost 5 x 9 feet. Yes, that's feet!

It now hangs in the living room over a couch in my home.

But, we have recently sold our big home and downsized to a smaller condominium that has no room for her.

I could easily sell her and if we cannot find any other home for her, I will. But, does anyone have any ideas for a suitable place for this piece of South Walton history?

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Tommy

image-208242971.jpg

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Perfect for the Red Bar - or one of their other restaurants. Maybe one of the restaurants at Gulf Place? Great fun. Great memories. Ellen