• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
BuMp....
Don't forget the meeting tomorrow at 12:00!!
Put your lipstick on ladies, we may have a little press:D !

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
OK you hottie playground chickies---

How did the meeting go today? Will somebody please post or send me a message in between feeding offspring and other domestic duties!!!!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
If I could keep my 6 month old from typing, I could get a message completed!

It was... busy. Sunny456 told us it would be and it was REALLY crowded. BUT it was other moms!!!! And as Ckhagen said, "with more baby carriers than I've ever seen!" It showed us that there are a lot of us out there that need community and a place to go.:D It made it difficult to focus. Too much noise fries my brain:banging:... which is why 3 kids has me loopy most of the time... and why I couldn't concentrate very well in there.

(BTW, Cerulean's was DEAD when I passed by. We shoulda gone there for focus sake. Oops!)

SGB, ckhagen & supermom26.2 accomplished a lot over in the corner of our table! :cool: I got to know Beachmom well. :blush: We were interviewed by the Daily News.... Can you tell that the others can describe the details better than I can right now.

We also picked up some moms from the library story time that came over after that. They want FLYERS!!!! I also know there's parents at Butler that are interested and just want to know the details.

Another woman who's a grandmother with custody of her 2 grandkids had just called Cindy yesterday about a playground and she was interested in getting a petition up and going. I talked to her at length this evening. Very cool woman:cool: . She wasn't at the meeting and doesn't do the e-mail thing, so we'll have to keep her up-to-date by phone.

Okay, baby boy's pissed off at me right now, so I've gotta end this one! :eek:

Last edited:

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
ok...2 down, 1 more to go:yawn:

OMG...!!...I have NEVER seen so many mommies and babies!!!

I knew there were a lot of us here...somewhere, but had no idea there were so many!!

As OM said, it was absolutely crazy at Watercolor Market today. Very hard to carry on a conversation, but lots of people now know what we are trying to do:D I think our next step is to try to meet with C. Meadows and see what we need to do.:dunno: This is a grayt group of moms and I have really enjoyed meeting everyone.

I'm just in shock right now over the crowd that was there:eek: !!!

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
lol, I thought it started at 12:30... duh. That would be why I was late! I'm just now seeing the 12:00 thing. I need to start paying more attention.

Yeah, it was super-super crowded. I tried half a dozen times to start playgroups out here in the past couple years and it never worked. I'm convinced it must have been me because no one else seems to have that problem ;)

So... when we get that mailing list going, I think we'll have quite a crowd jumping on the wagon. In the meantime, a meeting with Ms. Meadows is necessary. After that maybe we'll have a little more direction. After we get some direction, then we can get some flyers put together (I'm a graphic designer B.C. and I can do that if we so choose).

Also... everyone needs to put together lists of the things they would most like to get out of this playground! That is number one priority for everyone right now. We can take all the lists and consolidate them later.

I nominate Morgan Sports Complex playground for the next meeting ;)

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
It was a little chaotic to say the least.
SGB is setting up appt with Cindy Meadows. We are trying to get before the parks and rec meeting. Everyone needs to do a top 10 list of what we want to be in the park so we know what size of land space will accomodate. Don't be shy. Maybe the field trips need to start right now to see what other playgrounds have in person and test them out!

I hope that Heather and her photographer were able to get pictures of the crowds of moms and babies and not just us! I really felt like we were at a baby convention! The growth of South Walton sure was evident at the Watercolor Market!

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Heather, I know you are lurking - thank you for coming out and listening to our collective efforts on how to start a park! A lot of us are meeting each other for the first time. I'm sure by the time we have this park built, not only will we have a great place to go to, but there will be many friendships established by the seed of an idea as it grows into a community park!
Thanks again!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Yeah, it was super-super crowded. I tried half a dozen times to start playgroups out here in the past couple years and it never worked. I'm convinced it must have been me because no one else seems to have that problem ;)

So... when we get that mailing list going, I think we'll have quite a crowd jumping on the wagon. In the meantime, a meeting with Ms. Meadows is necessary. After that maybe we'll have a little more direction. After we get some direction, then we can get some flyers put together (I'm a graphic designer B.C. and I can do that if we so choose).

Also... everyone needs to put together lists of the things they would most like to get out of this playground! That is number one priority for everyone right now. We can take all the lists and consolidate them later.

I nominate Morgan Sports Complex playground for the next meeting ;)

Yeah, but you also need a PLAYGROUND to have a playgroup, unless you have it at homes OR you end up in WaterColor Market, just like that group has done. It definitely demonstrated the need for a playground for all of us. The decibel level in that place was nutty. Can you imagine how it would be in a year or so with the exact same mommies with toddlers (instead of babies!) running around there? Chaos would reign.

JDarg, maybe we can have one of those drink carts that others were proposing on the original thread (about what we want in South Walton) at the park so we can have Happy Hour and playdates at the same time! :D I'd need a coffee cart, too!:roll:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Heather, I know you are lurking - thank you for coming out and listening to our collective efforts on how to start a park! A lot of us are meeting each other for the first time. I'm sure by the time we have this park built, not only will we have a great place to go to, but there will be many friendships established by the seed of an idea as it grows into a community park!
Thanks again!

Yes, I feel very blessed to have met each and every one of you. SoWal rocks as a great place to meet wonderful friends in Internet Land and then to be able to meet them in person and enjoy them just as much!:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: