• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Code enforcement had to issue another stop work order to Walton County Commissioner Ro Cuchens for the brown sand dumping in Seagrove Beach. No word yet on whether it will have to be removed or allowed to stay.

IMG_1800.jpg

Does this look like SoWal to you???
IMG_1796.jpg

Illegal (?) destruction of dunes.
IMG_1802.jpg

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
i hate the brown sand. it's not the same seagrove beach :sosad:

Is that the only option? I'm so uneducated (suprised) on this subject...but it seems like they could do something else...what about pumping sand from the ocean?

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
OMG :eek: . Where is this exactly. Has this been reported? That dune destruction makes my stomach hurt. As we have all said, the order or special sand ordinance is a good one by TDC or the commissioners office but sadly it does not look like there is any agency, group or office in place to review/enforce the rules. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Who's responsible for enforcement (owners or peeps driving by)? :dunno: It is time for the letters and emails again. Is it time for another emergency meeting? :pissed:

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
What a jerk this Cuchens guy is! :whack: Now he's messing with my neck of the woods! :pissed: Can't exactly place where this photo was taken. Surely they didn't bulldoze through the dunes!

Hopefully they'll be forced to remove it. Aargh! There needs to be some serious code/law enforcement ....maybe jail time would stop these idiots in their tracks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The power shovel seen on the top of the bluff was removing the brown dirt from behind the seawall this afternoon. I don't know anymore than that.

_DSC1606.jpg

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
kurt said:
The power shovel seen on the top of the bluff was removing the brown dirt from behind the seawall this afternoon. I don't know anymore than that.

_DSC1606.jpg

OMG...had no idea the beaches looked THAT bad... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kimmifunn said:
OMG...had no idea the beaches looked THAT bad... :eek: :eek: :eek:

In some places they do. Wherever homes have been left unprotected or nearly unprotected there is major construction going on. In many areas the beaches are very narrow which makes it worse. A lot of seawall construction going on.