• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
They shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Not a responsible owner and now if that weapon is used in a commission of a crime they should be held account.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I'm glad you said it bob and I agree. My guns are always locked and secured properly. Unfortuneatly The sheriff himself, yes Mike left his doors unlocked at his house and they took the Sheriff's gun and badge because he left it unsecured. The DFS police dept recovered both in a traffic stop if I recall. It was all swept under the rug like when he accidently discharge his weapon towards citizens in pursuit of a fleeing criminal. (I'll go look that up too). You are right Bob, Mike should be held accountable.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I'm glad you said it bob and I agree. My guns are always locked and secured properly. Unfortuneatly The sheriff himself, yes Mike left his doors unlocked at his house and they took the Sheriff's gun and badge because he left it unsecured. The DFS police dept recovered both in a traffic stop if I recall. It was all swept under the rug like when he accidently discharge his weapon towards citizens in pursuit of a fleeing criminal. (I'll go look that up too). You are right Bob, Mike should be held accountable.
Absolutely, if true.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
They shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Not a responsible owner and now if that weapon is used in a commission of a crime they should be held account.
I totally agree Bob! Glad we have common ground!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I believe that was the guy that's head of the Sherlock Holmes group.

Wasn't he made head of the Citizens Posse just after that?

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012

Bob, I like you a lot and very much appreciate your support when I ran, but this really bothers me. Let's blame everyone but the perpetrator. So, if I leave my baseball bat at the ballfield or leave my tire iron beside the road after a flat and someone uses them to kill or maim someone, it is my fault. If the chef leaves his knife within reach of someone that grabs it and hurts or kill somebody, it is the chef's fault. If I leave my keys in my car and someone steals it and runs over somebody, it's my fault. This makes no sense to me. Let's blame the bad guy, not someone that made a mistake.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob, I like you a lot and very much appreciate your support when I ran, but this really bothers me. Let's blame everyone but the perpetrator. So, if I leave my baseball bat at the ballfield or leave my tire iron beside the road after a flat and someone uses them to kill or maim someone, it is my fault. If the chef leaves his knife within reach of someone that grabs it and hurts or kill somebody, it is the chef's fault. If I leave my keys in my car and someone steals it and runs over somebody, it's my fault. This makes no sense to me. Let's blame the bad guy, not someone that made a mistake.
I believe the theif should also be held accountable Bill. But their also needs to be accountability for those who misplace, mishandle firearms especially when someone gets hurt. To be a responsible gunowner you must be responsible and leaving a gun in an unlocked car is pretty serious and doesn't show responsibility. Sorry we have to disagree.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I believe the theif should also be held accountable Bill. But their also needs to be accountability for those who misplace, mishandle firearms especially when someone gets hurt. To be a responsible gunowner you must be responsible and leaving a gun in an unlocked car is pretty serious and doesn't show responsibility. Sorry we have to disagree.

I too hate that we disagree, but hope you will acknowledge your logic should apply to clubs, knives and cars. I believe combined they kill many more people than stolen firearms from people's cars. Couldn't agree more on being a responsible gun owner and I felt terrible the one time I failed to lock my car with a gun inside. Take care.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
According to your logic the four year old toddler who takes daddy's gun from the top of the night stand and shoots his little sister in the head is the one to blame.