• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Well it seems that it would take a legislation at the state level. Funding for schools is based on student head count which means that a Sowal independent schhol district would collect more than current per pupil funding. The over collection would be spread throughout all other school systems.

Capital revenues are all kept locally which would mean that a Sowal school district would be awash in cash to build schools. Where do you think the money came from for the 49 million dollar DeFuniak high school and the 6 million dollar football stadium there as well. I can assure you that we would not have portable classrooms.

It is inexcusable that we have portable classrooms in the south but have a 49 million dollar D rated school in DFS.

You should have voted for Robert Nelson-he had a plan to address these issues.

What has Mildred done- does she have a plan?

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
So we have a South Walton Fire District, a South Walton Mosquito district- is it possible to have a South Walton School District?

Absurd! You mean we need to collect additional taxes to provide basic services? Surely the lottery provides more than enough money for world-class education.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Absurd! You mean we need to collect additional taxes to provide basic services? Surely the lottery provides more than enough money for world-class education.

Not absurd at all! But probably won't happen in my lifetime. :sosad:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not absurd at all! But probably won't happen in my lifetime. :sosad:

I think it absurd we don't have the best educational system in the world with our current system of government and taxation. Are our priorities out of whack (tax dollars going in to the wrong pockets), or do we need to raise taxes?