• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Skunky, I read your post about wanting to share the comparisons of the bell curve with us for the life span of humans vs the bell curve of application of pesticides. I am curious to see how the bell curve of reported cases of cancer compares to the the application of the pesticides as well.

I would like to see a study showing this life span vs. pesticide use.
Equating current life spans to just usage of pesticide is not indicative of anything, especially with technological advances and advances in research in medications and pre-screening of any kind of diseases.
That's like equating life spans prior to penicillin and after.

I'd also like to say that although I dislike pesticides, I use them because the risk is too great in my area in N.Y. of contracting tickborne diseases.

Although dog fly bites hurt, there are other viable safer solutions of which I already posted.
1.2 million dollars could go a long way in that respect.

I still have mixed feelings on mosquito spraying though.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I think we need to spray a chemical that will make everyone unconcerned about stuff that might be bad for them, and that governement and corporations should be trusted.

Hmmmmm . . . . on second thought, maybe we can spend that money elsewhere.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I will give you the answer about the FDA loophole when I get home tonight. Today is running around day for me. :eek:

But, Skunky, you have not answered a ton of questions placed on you and BTW, you also "quack" a lot in your opinions because you aren't the "expert" in many of these fields.

No one has answered the question whether or not they would be willing to try other alternatives to mass pesticide spraying if there were viable ones proposed. Mango did yesterday, but for the most part, no one has that are currently in the "spray" camp.

Sorry to make you wait, Skunky, but I've gotta be all over the place from here to Ft. Walton today. Not my idea of funn, but gotta do it.

Tupelo Honey

Beach Lover
Nov 4, 2006
here
Tupelo-STILL waiting to know which artificial sweetener is toxic and at what concentration:popcorn:

Judging by your responses, I believe that you are asking this question in hopes of setting off your Quack-o-meter and declaring me to be another holistic nut-job. lol

Nonetheless, check out these testimonies of ordinary people who have had adverse effects from Aspertame and sucralose:

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/adverse.txt
http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/splenda-adverse.txt

Even this physician testifies to the adverse affects of Aspertame:

03-22-2004, 10:24 PM

Lt. Wombat

I was in the same boat, and I'm a physician for crik's sake.

I was diagnosed with MS after no one else could explain why I had visible holes in the myelin sheath of my spinal nerves. It debilitated me from a novice weight lifter to a shaking weakling, I even had my medical license limited to observation only, no direct patient invasive procedures allowed.

I quit diet anything and today (1 year later almost to the day) I am 100% back to normal and lifting heavy again.

My colleagues still poo poo away any thoughts that I had aspartame poisoning. In fact anyone during medical training who mentioned the words was labeled a ?conspiracy weird?o) by the faculty and shunned.

While my practice is orthopedics, if I were to encounter anyone with my symptoms I would have to think really long and hard if I were going to ?officially? diagnose them with aspartame poisoning; but I have ?unofficially mentioned? it to some people through this past year.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Judging by your responses, I believe that you are asking this question in hopes of setting off your Quack-o-meter and declaring me to be another holistic nut-job. lol

Nonetheless, check out these testimonies of ordinary people who have had adverse effects from Aspertame and sucralose:

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/adverse.txt
http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/splenda-adverse.txt

Even this physician testifies to the adverse affects of Aspertame:

03-22-2004, 10:24 PM

Lt. Wombat

I was in the same boat, and I'm a physician for crik's sake.

I was diagnosed with MS after no one else could explain why I had visible holes in the myelin sheath of my spinal nerves. It debilitated me from a novice weight lifter to a shaking weakling, I even had my medical license limited to observation only, no direct patient invasive procedures allowed.

I quit diet anything and today (1 year later almost to the day) I am 100% back to normal and lifting heavy again.

My colleagues still poo poo away any thoughts that I had aspartame poisoning. In fact anyone during medical training who mentioned the words was labeled a ?conspiracy weird?o) by the faculty and shunned.

While my practice is orthopedics, if I were to encounter anyone with my symptoms I would have to think really long and hard if I were going to ?officially? diagnose them with aspartame poisoning; but I have ?unofficially mentioned? it to some people through this past year.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Lol, I am as likely to take this Snopes claim to heart as you are likely to believe personal testimonies about adverse reactions to artificial sweetners.

I know this friend who had a third cousin who knew a guy who hooked up with a hot chick in Las Vegas;they went to his room for what he thought would be a passionate night. She made him a drink...and that was the last thing he remembered...until he woke up in a bathtub full of bloody icewater. There was a note, it read "Dear sir-you have been drinking way too many diet cokes and you had unacceptable levels of aspartame in your Loops of Henle, so we took the liberty to perform a partial nephrectomy. To compensate you, we leave some nice Alpine bitterroot to flush your system and some colon cleanse to clean out the toxins and some literature regarding exciting multilevel marketing opportunities to distribute our products.

This is true, it really happened, facts be damned. Right?:roll:

By the way, are these personal testimonials or something posted on the internet. Don't make me google the mysterious Lt Wombat to confirm his existence

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Skunky, I read your post about wanting to share the comparisons of the bell curve with us for the life span of humans vs the bell curve of application of pesticides. I am curious to see how the bell curve of reported cases of cancer compares to the the application of the pesticides as well.

Me too. Granted that diagnostic advances made in the last 70 years will skew the results, perhaps the last 10-20 years would be more valid data. I will look into it.:D

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am so glad you brought this up, Skunky. The natural food and vitamin industry has been trying to get the FDA to test their products for years, but they, unlike the pharmaceutical industry, do not have high powered lobbyists getting paid HUGE bucks. The pharmaceutical companies don't want you to eat healthy foods, because the pharmaceutical companies would lose billions, with a b, dollars in sales. I think the studies on marijuana would fall into this category, too. It seems that anytime the medicinal benefits of marijuana are brought up in the health industry, the gov't steps in and says that they don't have studies supporting the benefits. Hello, that might be because they are not allowing the studies to be conducted, "because marijuana is illegal." Give me a break. They will let the pharmaceutical companies test all kinds of crazy drugs like Oxycontin, but they won't allow studies on marijuana because it is illegal.:dunno: You do the math. They will allow studies on THC, the beneficial chemical in marijuana, but that is only because the pharmaceutical companies make it. Follow the money trail, and you will find pharmaceutical companies, not vitamin companies and soap makers.

Smiley J, you are right on target greater than 90% of the time, but your statements regarding big herbal:lol: wanting their products evaluated by the FDA is 100% incorrect. I gave a talk a few years ago about herbal remedies and did some research on the industry. At some point in the early to mid 1990s, congress (despite big pharma's rich lobbyists) blessed the industry with essentially a carte blanche to research, develop, manufacture and market their herbs and vitamins without FDA oversight...as I stated above, so long as the product label did not claim to diagnose or treat any condition and that claims made by the manufacturer were not evaluated by the FDA, they could sell whatever the hell they wanted.

Below I have attached a chart of the path taken when big pharma wants to develop a new drug. Big vitamin/herba has no requirement to go through this process. They can have a product on the shelves with the rate limiting step being marketing or label design!

Now, please explain to me what incentive the producers of herbs/vitamins have to get involved in the FDA plan?

As far as MJ goes, I think maybe we have talked about it off the record before. The whole MJ policy in this country makes no sense, so don't look to me to defend it:D