• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://www.myspace.com/mossyheadz

The Mane Squeeze, Space Medicine, The Schedule 3 Hard Strung Band, Trailer, and friends have joined forces and have assembled Mossy Headz. They will be having their 2nd official Mossy Headz Music Festival on Friday, March 31, 2006 and run all weekend until Sunday, April 2, 2006. The venue in Mossy Head, FL features 3.5 acres of beautiful land for camping, the Shoal River, the Band Cabin, and the stage built for some of our favorite local performers. The 1st Mossy Headz Music Festival, Sep. 3, 2005, included acts from Krista Berutti, The Schedule 3 Hard Strung Band, The Mane Squeeze, and Space Medicine. All of last year's performers will be coming back to do it again, including newcomers such as Trailer, Dread Clampitt, Reed Waddle, Lyndsey Battle Band, Acoustifunk, Roscoe Danza, Sweet Pea's Revenge, and more. There will be a $20 charge at the gate, which covers your camping and entertainment for the whole weekend. So show up early to be sure you get your moneys worth. We ask that you please follow these rules to help make everyone's weekend a comfortable one: NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. NO UNDERAGE DRINKING. NO PETS. NO GLASS BOTTLES. DIRECTIONS: From I-10, take Exit 70, go north on Hwy. 285, right on Hwy. 90 East, left on Hwy. 1087 North, approximately 4 miles, first house on left after Shoal River.

Mossy Headz Music Festival Lineup

Friday, March 31, 2006
6:00P The Schedule 3 Hard Strung Band
7:00P Trailer
9:30P Dread Clampitt
12:00A The Mane Squeeze
1:30A Space Medicine

Saturday, April 1, 2006
11:00A Gardner-Thurman Duo
12:00P The Cripple Lilies
1:00P Trailer
2:00P The Schedule 3 Hard Strung Band
3:00P Lyndsey Battle Band
4:00P Yankee Slickers
5:30P Sweet Pea's Revenge
7:00P The Mane Squeeze
8:30P Acoustifunk
10:00P Sandpaper
11:30P Fusebox Funk
1:00A Space Medicine
2:00A Late Night Super Jam

Sunday, April 2, 2006
Red Rocket's Sunday Sunrise Service
11:00A Flatland Revival
12:00P Krista Berutti
1:00P Hamhock and Slide
2:00P John Pittman
3:00P Reed Waddle
4:00P Reggae Jam
5:00P Dead Jam
6:00P Looney Mill

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mossy Headz Festival

So John R, how was the Dread Clampitt show last night at the Mossy Headz Festival? You are up very early for such a late show.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Re: Mossy Headz Festival

wow, nice little place he has up there. 4 miles north of 90 on the river, not sure how many acres. and i thought i had a stage. they built a nice open shed, must be 30'x12' with a metal roof and some garden style spotlights overhead. they definitely need some front light for the talent. got there and pulled up to front door. there was no visible parking anywhere except 1 spot right inside the gate. pull up and ask where to park, guy says 'anywhere down the swail of the main road', i'm not too keen on that, then he asks me if i'm camping. i say no, i'll only be here for an hour and a half. he responds with something like $20 for that short a time?

i say, 'i should be on the will-call list for dread clampitt', and give my name. girl says 'yeah, right here you are', younger kid says, 'i told you, it was to be this guy in a bus', ???, i can see at least 10 busses. first guy says 'why don't you park right there', original spot i wanted, right inside gate :cool:

unpack, with all my stuff, head toward front of house(wrong way) and see b. hand with daughter. i'm dropping my gear all over the place, he grabs some and steers me in the right direction. get to right place and joey is already set up, fearing i wouldn't get there in time, dread clampitt is already on stage tuning up. i do the rapid set-up, no problem since sound check takes quite a while due to an intermittant ground hum, and monitor check. turns out they played without monitors due to foh incapabilty. head up front to say hello to the boys and do some handshaking.

get rolling and break out camera to snap some pics. shoot a little and head back to gear. seems the crew 1 row behind us is in a chatty mood, quite a chatty mood. and it seems the primary chatterwoman has been drinking since last month. she 'must' speak to anyone she even faintly recognizes, and want to converse above music level. excrutiating for me. i took a picture of them/her to add to the file if the show is incapable of making it to the public domain.

i chat with b. hand regarding the party in may i'm apparently having, that he and j. jones have been cooking up. didn't have one last year, so i was contemplating having one anyway. it's the may birthday's and mother's day party. chat with joey about everything. chat with promoter partner about logistical stuff, apparently they have secured a field right down the road in preparation for future growth, joey had indicated that the line of parked cars down the road stretched for at least half a mile. paul arrives and immediatly starts running between board and stage telling foh what's wrong, saving me from having to do so. at some point, i went over to concessions and asked for a water($1), the guy and girl there where quite pleased with their environment, he showing signs of being very smitten with his co-worker. i ended up with a pepsi, since they couldn't locate the water. did i mention that this is day one of a three day festival?

dread clampitt plays for a solid 1:45 before inviting bud's band up to join them for some round robin. show ended, and started to pack up, immediately 4-5 people come up wanting show, i direct them to tapers.org one of them was promoter father, wanting to know where he could buy his copy :bang: apparently, foh was recording to disc in hopes of spinning copies for sale, waiting, of course, to ask the talent. this was news to balder. i know two of those who asked will at least get to tapers.org, since i wrote it down. i figured out what i hope is a foolproof way to help people remember. i pointed to myself and joey and said tapers, got some recognition, and then said tapers.org. hopefully it stuck.

got all the stuff to the bus and chatted with joey and balder for a bit before getting ready to leave. then trailer came on, who i've never seen, so i hung out for another 20 min. they're good.

festival has a little growing to do, and it could turn out quite nice. he needs to hire some 'not friends' who are capable of answering questions and maintaining order at the front door, etc. growth could end a up a logistical challenge, but i'd have a better idea if i got a daytime view.

space medicine was the last act of the night, scheduled from 3am to ??. they were opening for BGUG at the moon(in Tally)last night, then racing over. it may be a long three days for some.

while chatting with bud, he indicated that after dread clampitt's closing set at springfest, he hosted a pick at his campsite. and who walks up other than sharon gilcrest, bryn bright, jim lauderdale, and others. he was between sharon and bryn, playing sharon's mando while she played bass. not sure what bryn played(she could have just been there, and been good enough for me). he was excited still, and i was quite jealous.

how's that for a short answer?

DC2006-03-31.jpg

JLPR2006-03-31.jpg

BS2006-03-31.jpg

KO2006-03-31.jpg

KOgle2006-03-31.jpg

DCFSB2006-03-31.jpg

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

nice shots JR :D

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri

John R, you are most entertaining.......great pics :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Cork On the Ocean said:
I this the jazz fest I"m goint to in Pcola? I'm gonna be so ticked if I missed dread clampett and they were there.

No, it is in Mossy Head, just west of Defuniak Springs.