• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
What do you think is the most exotic house and/or structure in SoWal? I think the concrete house in (I believe to be ALY Beach area) is the most exotic I have seen. Who owns this house, it is huge!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
This one is my nominee for most unusual architecture. The designer thought it would be cool to build an underground house in Florida. It is located in Freeport and is available for $800,000. Perhaps it should go into the other catagory about most courageous price, but I really think the underground feature fits this category the best. Exotic for sure. Notice the grass on top of the house.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I already have enough grass to mow without having to mow my roof.

"You watching the game today?"

"Naw, I gotta mow the roof."

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Landlocked said:
I already have enough grass to mow without having to mow my roof.

"You watching the game today?"

"Naw, I gotta mow the roof."
I say let it grow.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Waterman said:
What do you think is the most exotic house and/or structure in SoWal? I think the concrete house in (I believe to be ALY Beach area) is the most exotic I have seen. Who owns this house, it is huge!
Yes, that is definitely the most outrageous house I've seen anywhere. Apparently it is owned by a major Florida asphalt contractor. Supposedly it has stages for a full orchestra in the living area. I've even heard that it has a huge aquarium in the basement. What puzzles me is why it is taking so long to complete. If my memory serves me correctly (disclaimer: it frequently doesn't), that house was well under way in 2000. It makes one wonder if there are budgetary problems.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
I've been told by a reliable source that the guy who is building it is a gentleman from Panama City. He is supposedly related to but not a part of the hotel Hiltons. The house costs $25mil and was the largest single family home building permit ever issued in the state of Fla.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
phdphay said:
Yes, that is definitely the most outrageous house I've seen anywhere. Apparently it is owned by a major Florida asphalt contractor. Supposedly it has stages for a full orchestra in the living area. I've even heard that it has a huge aquarium in the basement. What puzzles me is why it is taking so long to complete. If my memory serves me correctly (disclaimer: it frequently doesn't), that house was well under way in 2000. It makes one wonder if there are budgetary problems.
Concrete man, not asphalt.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
luvthebeach said:
I've been told by a reliable source that the guy who is building it is a gentleman from Panama City. He is supposedly related to but not a part of the hotel Hiltons. The house costs $25mil and was the largest single family home building permit ever issued in the state of Fla.

According to the architect the home is 9500 sq ft. I'm not sure how "largest single family home" is qualified, but I'm positive there are homes with more square footage in the state.

Last edited: