• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

vuz98

Beach Crab
Apr 6, 2005
My husband and I honeymooned in Seagrove Beach 7 years ago and fell in love with Grayton Beach. Sadly, we have not been able to get back that way, but do plan to in the next year. Friends of ours are visiting the area at the end of the month and were asking about motel rooms. I remember the little motel in Seagrove but not really any others up and down 30 A. They want to stay in the area of Seagrove, Seaside, Grayton Beach, Santa Rosa, etc. They are not interested in the Destin, Ft Walton or Panmana City. I think ya'll have the general geographic area I am inquiring about. I am under the impression that it is mostly private residences that are available? Am I correct, we rented a home on the beach for our honeymoon.

So I guess, after all that, I am asking about motel rooms in the area. And also any information on the lodgiing over the Zoo Gallery. I was going to suggest that to them after reading about online and wondered if anyone could recommend? Thanks,

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Two new hotels are under construction on the east side of Sandestin -- Marriot Courtyard and Marriot Residence Inn. Also, there is a great B&B in Grayton, Hibiscus Guest House. Google them, they have a website. Cheri and Bob are awesome.

Next year, you can probably book a room at Grayton Grande. (Don't hit me. I'm just the messenger.)

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
seagrovelover said:
what about Seagrove motel and Villas??? nice area, nice beach :D

There is a group of us from Alabama that all graduated with each other (25 years ago...OMG, that makes me sound so old. 8 families in all. We have have stayed at Seagrove Villas and Motel for the last 6 years, the last week of June. It is a wonderful place to stay. The accomdations are excellent. The beach is gorgeous, the staff is so nice. I recommend it to anyone coming to the area....just thought I would put my 2 cents in......

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Forgot to add...the picture to the left is of the hammock at Seagrove Villas and Motel....they have several. It is my favorite place to be at night...you can see the stars and beautiful sky...and hear the wonderful sea sounds!!!!!

Beach Girl

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2005
St. Louis, Mo
Yes....we've stayed at the Seagrove Villas and Motel a few times and I have to say that the hammocks are the best! We've only stayed in the newer building though. They have an older building that sits right on the beach. I'm not sure what the difference is between the buildings besides age. If you are looking for fancy decor, it is defiinitely not fancy. It is very clean and fairly roomy though. We've enjoyed our time there.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Hey Kathy....our group will be there the last week in June, how 'bout a cold one on the beach? we are staying right down the road from SG villas& motel!! :clap_1:

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
seagrovelover said:
Hey Kathy....our group will be there the last week in June, how 'bout a cold one on the beach? we are staying right down the road from SG villas& motel!! :clap_1:

That sounds like a great idea!!!!! We will be down June 25th - July 2nd. I would love to meet you, will email you with my contact information !!! Would be great to put faces with names !!!! Looking forward to meeting you, Seagrovelover!!!:clap_1:

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
ok, its a done deal. We started out a small group a couple of years ago, now we have three homes and seven condos!!!! needless to say we have a blast!!!! you have to bring your gang down on that wednesday , we hired a local guy Gene Mitchell ( jimmy Buffet type) to come play music for our beach party. We will be there June 26 to July 4th....talk to you soon :clap_1: :clap_1: