• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
[h=2]On Walton County web site today. The county is applying for a state grant to do this project.[/h][h=3]NOTICE of WORKSHOP - MOTORIZED MULTI-USE PATH - CR 30A[/h]NOTICE of WORKSHOP
Walton County will hold a Community Input Workshop on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM, or soon thereafter, at the Walton County District 5 Commissioners meeting room located 70 Logan Lane in South Walton.
The purpose of this Community Workshop is to discuss a motorized multi-use path along the North side of County Road 30-A from the intersection of CR-30A and CR-83(Blue Mountain Beach) to the intersection of CR-30A and CR-283(Grayton Beach).

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
awesome, i will walk on the motorized multi use path so they can get an idea what a pain it is to have slow traffic in front and no way to pass. I will be watching for fingers and horns...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
On Walton County web site today. The county is applying for a state grant to do this project.

NOTICE of WORKSHOP - MOTORIZED MULTI-USE PATH - CR 30A

NOTICE of WORKSHOP
Walton County will hold a Community Input Workshop on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM, or soon thereafter, at the Walton County District 5 Commissioners meeting room located 70 Logan Lane in South Walton.
The purpose of this Community Workshop is to discuss a motorized multi-use path along the North side of County Road 30-A from the intersection of CR-30A and CR-83(Blue Mountain Beach) to the intersection of CR-30A and CR-283(Grayton Beach).

Thanks for keeping us posted MizNB.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
How will this impact the coastal dune lake?

Seems a waste of money just so a couple developments can take golf carts to the Red Bar.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Have they got the space on the North side of 30A to do this? I would think they would have to infringe on the existing road right-of-way to accomplish it. Also, you can bet that golf carts, that's the motorized vehicles they are talking about, will be more prevalent than they are now and will spill over onto 30A and dangerously impede traffic. I suggest all attend the meeting Monday and let your opinions be known. I'll add my thanks, miznotebook as well.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Andy, what do you mean by 'infringe on the existing road right-of-way??'

ROW's can be used for a lot of things, road widening, parking, bike paths, sidewalks, storm water, landscaping - how do you think the existing bike path came to be? It was existing ROW that was paved over.
If you want the ROW left as it is, just say so. But I am not aware of anything in the law that precludes using it for some sort of path - either for pedestrians, bikes or carts, whichever the county chooses, as long as they comply with storm water and safety stuff.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The plan is for the new path to go on the north side of 30A, the other side from the bike path, and I was told that the county does have sufficient right-of-way for a 10-foot-wide motorized vehicle path there. Apparently a motorized vehicle path on 30A was part of the Genesis transportation plan that the county approved about five years ago. I would think and hope that there would be ways to avoid impacts on the coastal dune lakes. That would be a good question to ask at the workshop.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
If there isn't enough ROW much of the land along that corridor is Gryaton Beach State Park. If the new commissioner want to take State Park Land for the profit of developers I will just say "I told you so".

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
And another thing. The bike path between Grayton and Watercolor is in horrendous shape, the county needs to repair or redo that section before creating new paved paths. They did a half-assed repair awhile bike but it's still dangerous.