• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
John R said:
hey, at least one beachfront landowner is using the right grade of sand. Christian Wagley will keep them doing the right thing environmentally.

jr
I hear you on that. Christian is a good guy. However, I told him that it is difficult for me to call something "green" which is 2000+sf and a second home that will remain empty most of the time, burning extra electricity to keep the "efficient" a/c running. In my opinion, Alys beach is white, not green. :rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
GreenWaveDave said:
Dare I ask this, but who is Charlie Hilton? Any relation to THE Hiltons?
He is related to the Hiltons, not THE Hiltons.
He is a contractor based in Panty Maw Shiitty. His house is the big chunck of pointy concrete on the left in the photo.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Smiling JOe said:
I hear you on that. Christian is a good guy. However, I told him that it is difficult for me to call something "green" which is 2000+sf and a second home that will remain empty most of the time, burning extra electricity to keep the "efficient" a/c running. In my opinion, Alys beach is white, not green. :rotfl:

agreed joe. it will be interesting how much stock they put into the recomendations(sp?) of their environmental officer as things progress. the gr$$n seems to be stronger than green.

jr

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
GreenWaveDave said:
Dare I ask this, but who is Charlie Hilton? Any relation to THE Hiltons?

No, but he has 3 hotels in PCB. According to a recent article in the paper over there he has been at odds for a long time with environmentalists. They have tried to get him to turn the lights down and he has told them to move the turtles away from his lights.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kurt said:
No, but he has 3 hotels in PCB. According to a recent article in the paper over there he has been at odds for a long time with environmentalists. They have tried to get him to turn the lights down and he has told them to move the turtles away from his lights.

He sounds like a great guy...NOT! :roll: