• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
:welcome: You'll learn a lot about SoWal, Walton County and Florida on this blog. SoWal will fill in and expand what Frommers only begins to highlight about this top place in the world to be. Enjoy reading the posts and blogs. :welcome:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Kurt,

I'm sure there are a few.

Okay all, I posted my first question under Jobs. I'm graduating from nursing school (RN program) this Friday (yay) and am curious about RN jobs in the area.

How many times have you visited the area before your 10-day trip during Thanksgiving.

Would you absolutely need a job in order to live here?

If you do need the job, I'd suggest you come down again specifically to inquire about jobs before you start packing up to move here. If you don't need the job to eat, pay the rent, etc., then no problem.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
How many times have you visited the area before your 10-day trip during Thanksgiving.

Would you absolutely need a job in order to live here?

If you do need the job, I'd suggest you come down again specifically to inquire about jobs before you start packing up to move here. If you don't need the job to eat, pay the rent, etc., then no problem.

What shelly said.

Regarding nursing jobs, this may help: Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
:welcome: You'll love living here! Good suggestion from Miss Critter; Sacred Heart is a really great hospital, IMO! :wave:

What shelly said.

Regarding nursing jobs, this may help: Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast

Thank you Shelly and Miss Critter. I spoke to HR at Sacred Heart. I need to get my FL state license before I can apply. Passing my boards is my next goal in Jan/Feb and then I'll apply again once I get the license.

I am in a relationship with someone (moving with) that can "carry the load" so to speak if I don't work. I do want to work, contribute and practice nursing, however. I think Sacred Heart would be a great place to work but was curious about other options in healthcare in the area.