• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
We did try to keep her inside, especially after we lost Dexter, but she had been accustomed to living outside as a young cat. She was a stray that appeared in our yard and set up home five years ago, not quite a week after I lost our 20 year-old cat to cancer (which led to the name "Angel"). She simply would not stay in (especially with Roo and Elby, the inbred dogs), except at night, but she was always good about coming when called and she pretty much stayed in the acre that I live on. Being Siamese, she was vocal, and I'd open the door and call her and I'd hear her meow as she came running.

Now, I open the door and call her, and nothing. And as of this morning, she is not at Animal Control or Alaqua. I really suspect that she won't be found.

awww, I hope your roaming kitty returns to your home and heart soon. Keep your hopes up. When I was young, we had cats, that lived outdoors and indoors. Some would occasionally stay gone for a month or 2 then all of a sudden, reappear! Maybe Angel will do the same. :love:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I thought of you in the middle of the night....Cowboy spent the night out and didn't show up until Sweet Pea and I got back from our morning walk! Very unlike him and I was so worried......I know you're heart broken and blue! Prayers for you and your family! :love:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I always keep my hopes high when I lose a cat. It just seems like they should come walking back into the yard. :cry:

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
You never know, SN. Several years back, my sweet kitty Patches went missing and, living right on Eastern Lake like we were, we figured a gator had gotten her. :sosad:

About 5 months later, my friend Julie found Patches by their house in Seaside and recognized her from hanging out at my house! Patches never went missing again after that, so the best we can figure is she just got mixed up and lost and hung around wherever she could find food.

So, don't give up hope! :blush: I hope you find her soon, though, I know that that's a heartache and a half when they're missing. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

mamp

Beach Crab
May 22, 2009
OMG thats so sad...I'm so sorry....I have two cats that are outside strays too...one of them never came home last year......I hope and pray you will find her.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Has Angel come home from her excursion yet? I hope she is at the door right now, awaiting some good lovin.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
No Angel yet

All of you are so very sweet -

No kitty yet, and none of the neighbors have seen her. I just feel bad, as I am typically the one who would bring her in at night and I fell asleep on the sofa and didn't do it. Not the first time that's happened, but she would usually get hungry and start meowing LOUDLY by the door. She could also get in the dog pen if something came after her and she was close to it (we've seen that happen when our lab got loose) and she has also gone up a tree before. So, I'm just resigning myself that we are catless. Should she show up, I'll be thrilled.

I know there are folks on this board giving cats away, we have cousins who won't spay/neuter and are overrun with cute kittens :bang:, and Alaqua (heck, even animal control) have oodles of kitties that need homes. I just don't think I can do it anytime soon. ShallowsSquirt told me the same thing yesterday - he doesn't like to show it but he is upset as well. He lost Dexter (who was his cat) first, and now Angel.

(of course, that's what I said when Puddin' died, and Angel showed up in the yard 6 days later...:love:)