• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
:sosad: So Sorry, SN and Fuzz. I'll say a prayer for her safety and arrival back to y'all.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
hope kitty turns up. i too lost a kitty a few years back (or so i thought) only to find her 18 months later on the other side of the bayou. not sure if she adopted another family, or returned to the wild. i tried unsuccessfully for weeks to catch her and take her back home.
you just never know.
my sweetpea, by the way looks just like your 'tar mamp. do you live by mcquage bayou??

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
hope kitty turns up. i too lost a kitty a few years back (or so i thought) only to find her 18 months later on the other side of the bayou. not sure if she adopted another family, or returned to the wild. i tried unsuccessfully for weeks to catch her and take her back home.
you just never know.
my sweetpea, by the way looks just like your 'tar mamp. do you live by mcquage bayou??

The other side of McQuage? Sounds like kitty may have been picked up by a hawk or owl or something and got away. That's one of the only ways a cat will cross water (I doubt she took the bridge ;-)). We are leaning toward that being what happened to Angel, as we heard a BIG owl the other night. I did not realize that owls and other big birds were carnivores until my spouse, who was raised in a farm family, shared that with me after hearing the owl.

Strangely, I have also noticed that we are not seeing squirrels in the yard and running up and down the trees. I know it's hot, and I don't know if they just hide out when it's hot, but I'm concerning that the squirrels are being picked off now too. :dunno:

Zirondelle

Beach Comber
Feb 14, 2009
Beautiful cat...so sorry to hear of her disappearance. One reason that our cat is strictly an indoor baby!

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
The other side of McQuage? Sounds like kitty may have been picked up by a hawk or owl or something and got away. That's one of the only ways a cat will cross water (I doubt she took the bridge ;-)). We are leaning toward that being what happened to Angel, as we heard a BIG owl the other night. I did not realize that owls and other big birds were carnivores until my spouse, who was raised in a farm family, shared that with me after hearing the owl.

Strangely, I have also noticed that we are not seeing squirrels in the yard and running up and down the trees. I know it's hot, and I don't know if they just hide out when it's hot, but I'm concerning that the squirrels are being picked off now too. :dunno:

That never crossed my mind. She is a little tuffy though. Wouldn't suprise me one bit.

That never crossed my mind. She is a little tuffy though. Wouldn't suprise me one bit.

I had one of my cats crawl into a plumbers van one time and hitch a ride down the road before the plumber guy realized there was a cat sleeping in the back and he knew my cat so he brought her back....I have to wonder if this kind of thing doesnt happen more often than one might think.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Tis true...and after all, we never could find out where Angel actually came from to begin with. I asked around, as I couldn't imagine that someone wasn't missing a young female seal point Siamese, but no one claimed her. Fuzz still thinks that we accidentally stole somebody's cat.