• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Please pardon my ignorance, but precisely what is included in Beach Club membership? Doesn't the desirability of the property decline considerably without it? And why build a beachside development with a club that can only accommodate a small portion of owners?

Shhhhh! Logic and foresight has no place in discussions like this! ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Shhhhh! Logic and foresight has no place in discussions like this! ;-)

:rotfl:...they have someone on the payroll that watches trends and then either raises or lowers the price. Just take a look at how they treat their Camp Creek members. :roll:

Please pardon my ignorance, but precisely what is included in Beach Club membership? Doesn't the desirability of the property decline considerably without it? And why build a beachside development with a club that can only accommodate a small portion of owners?

Watersound Beach has abundant gulf front property that is open to anyone in Watersound Beach. The Watersound Beach Club has a very private gated entrance. Within the Beach Club property is the only tennis facility in Watersound Beach. In addition there is a very nice restaurant with a gulf front bar above. The nicest pool in the neighborhood is in the club and there are some private rooms that they hold activities in for neighborhood kids, etc.

Those are the benefits as I see them. At the same time there is always the Emperors New Clothes syndrome with these types of things. At this time JOE is adding Beach Club membership as incentive on 100's of their developer owned properties. I don't know the current membership stat's but I would bet that there are more current members than the capacity approved by the Fire Marshall for the club or the simming pool occupancy load by the Health Department. We will see in time how this develops.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Currently the only way a new buyer in WaterSound can purchase a beach club membership is to buy a property that currently has a membership tied to that property or to purchase from St. Joe in the WaterSound communities. Like I said I understand why Joe has set the club up this way but I also see how it is hurting sellers and sales in general in WaterSound and I wish there could be a more positive solution.

don't worry. When Joe really needs the revenue, they will open up the membership gate to all owners again. Right now, they are using the club as a gimmick to sell their own lots. It won't last forever. If you own in WS and want a membership, it's only a matter of time before you can buy one.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005

The beach club was necessary to entice Watersound North homeowners to buy. Gives them guaranteed beach access.

There are other pools for WS and WSWB homeowners to use if they don't belong to the "ultra exclusive" beach club. Waste of money for WS and WSWB homeowners to join IMHO.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
don't worry. When Joe really needs the revenue, they will open up the membership gate to all owners again. Right now, they are using the club as a gimmick to sell their own lots. It won't last forever. If you own in WS and want a membership, it's only a matter of time before you can buy one.

When JOE unloads its inventory, they'll just turn over the keys to everything and move on--leaving it up to the HOAs to hash everything out.

The beach club was necessary to entice Watersound North homeowners to buy. Gives them guaranteed beach access.

There are other pools for WS and WSWB homeowners to use if they don't belong to the "ultra exclusive" beach club. Waste of money for WS and WSWB homeowners to join IMHO.

Do you think the Beach Club is going to be Watersound North's beach access? Home many properties are planned for Watersound North? I feel pretty sure that this will exceed capacity.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
When JOE unloads its inventory, they'll just turn over the keys to everything and move on--leaving it up to the HOAs to hash everything out.

ho-boy

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Yep that is there secret plan. :roll: In the state of Florida a developer must turn control of a development over to the HOA at the 5 year mark. It's not dumping it's following the law.