• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It's about time they realized that the grandfather clause doesn't allow them to destroy the existing buildings and rebuild anything other than four single family homes on those four lots. I could have saved them $16 million dollars by pointing out that part of the Land Use Code.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
It's about time they realized that the grandfather clause doesn't allow them to destroy the existing buildings and rebuild anything other than four single family homes on those four lots. I could have saved them $16 million dollars by pointing out that part of the Land Use Code.

SJ, could you find out what the asking price is for the property, and how they are marketing it? (ie four gulf front residental lots, hopefully?) and is it bank owned now or being sold by Olsen & Assoc?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
TFT, I don't see it listed in the MLS under commercial, single family, nor residential land. I do see that the Hotel Viridian is listed, and they received a one year extension on the development orders from the BCC earlier this month.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
TFT, I don't see it listed in the MLS under commercial, single family, nor residential land. I do see that the Hotel Viridian is listed, and they received a one year extension on the development orders from the BCC earlier this month.

Thanks for checking. :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
mls 488199 - Nature Walk is now entered into the MLS at $55 million, sans the Gulf Front lots (of which I think there are four, instead of three, indicated below).

"NatureWalk at Seagrove Beach is a master-planned coastal community bordered on three sides by Northwest Florida?s Point Washington State Forest. Location: County Road 395 Seagrove Beach, Florida 32459 Adjacent to The St. Joe Company?s ?Water Color? development Acreage: 155, surrounded by State Forest Offering: ? 279 Single-Family Lots; 76, 35 foot Cottage lots 44, 40 foot Manor Preserve lots 43, 45 foot Village Preserve lots 115, 45 foot Village lots ? Entitlements for 226 Multi-Family Units ? 3 Gulf Front 53? lots (161 WFF) at the intersection of Highway 30-A and County Road 395 (Listed separately) ? 4,000 square foot sales center ? 6 model homes ranging from 1,800 to 2,600 sq. ft. Bond Issue: Community Development District (CDD) A & B Series Bonds totaling +/- $19.9 M maturing in 2016 and 2038, respectively. Both series secured by a lien on the underlying properties which has been held as superior to the mortgage lenders. Notes: The entire development is fully entitled and platted. Phases I & II have the development order. The property is under development, site/infrastructure work is nearly complete on Phases I and II, a permanent Sales Center is also complete. Construction is underway on 6 model homes."

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
This might be a good time to look at a perimeter road to relieve some of the 30A traffic congestion at 395 and 30A. There is also a dirt road just south of the WaterColor sign on 395 that connects (somewhat) to a paved road that intersects with 30A. It might be a public road or at least a public easement. Not sure. Worth looking into.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sounds good, but not for $55 million. Too much money in the infrastructure and acquisition by Olsen to make it affordable as park land, with additional funds needed to make it a park.