• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
It is wonderful if you are staying in Seaside, WaterColor, or Old Seagrove Beach (around the 395 intersection) and can more easily walk or bike to your desired destination. I appreciate many factors of New Urbanism. If you are further East, the cars traveling West on 30A stack up over 25 in a row throughout busy Spring weeks and most of the summer. For those just trying to go to grocery store, work or school, make happy hour, an alternate road would be helpful in many ways. The road is already cut through and doesn't appear to be in or through any "park" land. Heck, we might not even have to pave it if we don't tell too many people about it. Just take down the two fences, one at the end of San Juan and the other between the Regions Bank and Turtle Ridge WaterColor sign. But, planning ahead when thousands start buying here again we need to add a little infrastructure.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
ok I hadn't realized you were so willing to ram a highway through a quiet neighbourhood to ease your suffering of getting to publix on a crowded day.......

I am dead set opposed to basically taking people's quiet enjoyment of their property... and turning San Juan Ave, a quiet residential dead end street, into a speedy by way, so someone can speed through to 395 at Publix, and avoid a 2-3 minute wait on busy times of the year getting through a 4 way stop.

It is quite slow getting through Seaside during those same busy times... shall we build an elevated freeway bypass, over 30A so we can do 65MPH on our way from Seagrove to D&K's.?? I think not.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
A paved neighborhood steet is not a highway. Sometimes the wait is more like an hour. I appreciate that you have perhaps not had to deal with this. It could be very similar to the neighborhood access enjoyed by WaterColor to Publix through their. Speed limit of 17 would do nicely.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
This, IMO, would be a great alternative route and greatly reduce the congestion at 395 and 30A. It was also enhance the safety for all the walkers, bikers, etc. at that intersection -- not to mention vehicular safety for those who must travel that way to get home or work or play. Half is already paved (the San Juan portion). The construction road was used by Nature Walk. To check this out: Off of 30A turn north on San Juan and follow north until it ends at Barcelona. Look thru fence to see East - West Road. Then, from 30A turn north on 395. Between the bank and the WaterColor sign you see a gate and a sign that reads "Nature Walk Public Vehicular and Pedestrian Traffic is Prohibited" No purchase from Nature Walk may be necessary. It might already be public road/easement. Would have to check that out.

If I remember correctly, there is state forest land between Nature Walk and the neighborhoods to the south. And I remember something about the San Juan neighborhood residents at the Nature Walk hearing. They didn't want Nature Walk peeps using their neighborhood as a thoroughfare.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
NatureWalk paid more than $1.3 million for that parcel back in 2004. I'm guessing that would be their second ingress/egress for the property at some point in the future, if someone buys the project.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I remember Nature Walk using that as their construction entrance for a while, then they shifted to the northern State Forrest road for construction entrance. Not sure why.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I remember Nature Walk using that as their construction entrance for a while, then they shifted to the northern State Forrest road for construction entrance. Not sure why

There was a complicated swap involving state forest property that moved the entrance road from the south to the north, or vice versa, I forget the details. It might be in the minutes from the BCC meeting where the project was approved. There was quite a bit of public comment.