• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

D&D

Beach Crab
Oct 7, 2005
In the process of planning a May wedding in Rosemary beach. The one thing not nailed down is the clergy. Anyone have a recommendation on a wedding officiant? Thanks.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Pm me for a great officiant. You'll love the beachrev!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
For ceremonies contact our friend David DeGregorio. He and his wife used to operate Charm Weddings and Flowers in Seaside. He got the credentials to marry folks. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I charge $100 for a simple, basic beach-style wedding (either one of my readings, or a supplied one, just basic nice shirt and pants- no suit, etc.). If I have to perform in a full ceremony then price depends on how elaborate it is. Elvis costume is depending on availability of costume and would be $500 (I would be happy to try another costume if requested).
charm@mchsi.com

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For ceremonies contact our friend David DeGregorio. He and his wife used to operate Charm Weddings and Flowers in Seaside. He got the credentials to marry folks. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Yes he is. You might also try Sarah Gibson, now a local, or also try John R. ;-)

In the process of planning a May wedding in Rosemary beach. The one thing not nailed down is the clergy. Anyone have a recommendation on a wedding officiant? Thanks.
The absolute best is Dr. Gil Watson from Northside United Methodist Church in ATL. If our home isn't rented, he could stay there -- hell, we'll join him. He and his wife are funn people.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The absolute best is Dr. Gil Watson from Northside United Methodist Church in ATL. If our home isn't rented, he could stay there -- hell, we'll join him. He and his wife are funn people.
Does a minister have to be state licensed?

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
Don't respond to tsitranekknurd. I was finally able to get logged back in tonight, even though I was laughing so hard I could barely see to type!

Seriously though I've done the above, plus have planned and helped with numerous weddings. I've considered going into consulting, and now that I know I'm computer stoooopid, maybe I need a career change after all!:rotfl:

Pantone383

Beach Comber
Does a minister have to be state licensed?

Actually, anyone can be ordained as a minister online! This way, you can ask a friend or family member, someone close to you to get ordained and perform the ceremony. I have a friend in Nashville who did this. This isn't necessarily the site he used, and I'm not endorseing it by any means, but here is one of many that are out there:

http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=ordination