Need best surgeon, in the Destin area!

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Diane4145, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Any suggestions?:dunno: I didn't have many suggestions for a gastro Dr., not sure that this request, will be any better.:wave:

2. sunspotbaby

sunspotbaby SoWal Insider

what kind of surgeon? :dunno:

3. mvy

mvy Beach Lover

Dr. James A. Moody, 850-837-8831 in Destin is fabulous! Great skills, wonderful bedside manner.:clap:

4. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Personally I'd get a referral for a surgeon at a major university teaching hospital, such as Emory, Duke, or UF/Shands.

5. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Guess that would be, helpful!

OK, so this may be TMI (too much information), but, here goes! I'm needing laproscopic exploratory surgery, to diagnose and remove possible scar tissue/adhesions. Or, whatever else may be, the culprit! Sad that years of Dr.'s, complaints and lots of testing, still left me with knowing they were missing, the real problems! Oh well, at least I can see the light, in this very long tunnel! My gastro Dr. referred me to Dr. William Haney, in the Destin and Niceville area. He can't see me for several weeks and I can't wait! I've also heard of Dr. Moody, so I may contact him. This is not the highest and best use, of my time!:sosad: I suppose a General Surgeon, would be fine. Any suggestions?:dunno:

6. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Seems he has a great, reputation!

I'd love to hear more of your personal experience or knowledge of him, if you don't mind. Even if it's a, PM. Thank you, for your response!:wave:

7. sunspotbaby

sunspotbaby SoWal Insider

I only have experience with the obstetric type surgeon. and an orthopedic surgeon. Good luck! :wave:

8. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Lucky you!

:wave:

9. momof2kids

momof2kids Beach Fanatic

3 of us have used Dr. Moody. He repaired a hernia on my son when he was under 1 and fixed his belly button perfectly. Moody also removed some cysts from Mr. M2k, and on me removed some scar tissue from a c-section. Always a good experience with him.

10. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

That's an, idea!

My mother wants me to use, the Cleveland Clinic! At this point, kinda hard to know where to go, or whom to trust!:dunno: Testing yesterday and today, now, I need the surgery consultation!:sosad: I appreciate your opinion, anyway!:wave: Did I say, "this isn't the highest and best use, of my time"?

11. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

That's an, idea!

My mother wants me to use, the Cleveland Clinic! At this point, kinda hard to know where to go, or whom to trust!:dunno: Testing yesterday and today, now, I need the surgery consultation!:sosad: I appreciate your opinion, anyway!:wave: Did I say, "this isn't the highest and best use, of my time"?

12. millseynz

millseynz Beach Lover

Currently New Zealand/ lived on 30A for 6 years
    Dr Moody operated on me for diverticulosis in sigmoid and the guy saved my life. This is a wonderful person

13. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Just curious

What were your symptoms to warrant surgery, for Diverticulosis? I found out that I have that on both sides of my abdomen, over a year ago! How did they determine that you needed, surgery? Getting worse with discomfort and abdominal distention! So sick of testing, misery and feeling of getting, nowhere!:sosad: I know, TMI!

14. millseynz

millseynz Beach Lover

Currently New Zealand/ lived on 30A for 6 years
    Reply for diverticulosis and sigmoid

Sorry for the late reply, I woke up at 2am with what was thought was an unbelievable need to use the rest room and could not (if this happens do sit the commode and push it makes it worse)and then thought it was appendices and could not stand up straight. I would seek help now, the operation was very painful and 5 days with tube sucking your stomach etc and no food or liquid and a 2 month recovery period