• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Yesterday, an abandoned calico cat ran under the steps in our garage and has had a kitten. Because of the frenzy this has caused in our rescued dog, Tozi, we cannot keep them. Alaqua is not taking cats. Would anyone like a sweet mother cat and her day-old kitten? If not, please advise me as to what I should do. I don't want to call animal rescue as I would like for her/kitten to be in a loving home. Am going to place an ad on Freecycle, but wanted to see if a sowaler might be interested. Thanks for any suggestions. :dunno:

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Yesterday, an abandoned calico cat ran under the steps in our garage and has had a kitten. Because of the frenzy this has caused in our rescued dog, Tozi, we cannot keep them. Alaqua is not taking cats. Would anyone like a sweet mother cat and her day-old kitten? If not, please advise me as to what I should do. I don't want to call animal rescue as I would like for her/kitten to be in a loving home. Am going to place an ad on Freecycle, but wanted to see if a sowaler might be interested. Thanks for any suggestions. :dunno:

zip

Beach Lover
Mar 4, 2010
Please just buy some dry cat food and feed the mother. After the kitten gets a little older you can find someone to take one or both. Maybe with a little time your dog will settle down. There is a saying that cats have a way of finding their owners.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Please just buy some dry cat food and feed the mother. After the kitten gets a little older you can find someone to take one or both. Maybe with a little time your dog will settle down. There is a saying that cats have a way of finding their owners.

Have cat food and she is eating great. We are trying to acclimate Tozi with them and she is getting a little better. How long will she be nursing? The kitten is really healthy and eats like a little pig.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Suggestion

Maybe these angels, can help!:love:

http://www.felinefriendsofdestin.com/page/page/1631288.htm

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
how do you know the cat was abandoned? Don't assume that as mother cats often will "run away" to have their litters, then go back home. Somewhere, there may be a family wondering what happened to their kitty.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
how do you know the cat was abandoned? Don't assume that as mother cats often will "run away" to have their litters, then go back home. Somewhere, there may be a family wondering what happened to their kitty.

Great reminder, thanks for info. But, she always was at the house across the canal and those renters moved out 2 months ago and left her. Another neighbor has 1 mother cat and 3 babies that the renter left, also. Could be another cat though, we shall see.:dunno: