• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ohio230-a

Beach Crab
Jan 31, 2009
Hi,

We visit Destin, FL every year and stay in a 3 bed/2 bath condo every year, but we love 30-A, especially the Grayton Beach area.

We are looking for a pet friendly rental, for 2 adults and 4 dogs, don't be afraid, they are very well trained and house broken, otherwise they would not travel with us. We have taken our dogs on vacation for the last 11 years. We have a Toy Poodle 10 pounds, Lhasa Apso, 19 pounds and 2 Standard Poodles, one is 59 pounds and the other is 69 pounds.

We usually come in the late summer, beginning mid August or after Labor Day, when the crowds are gone and stay for 3-4 weeks. Just depends. We love the hot weather and warm waters!!!

Any known pet friendly rentals?

Thanks,
ohio230-a

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Breakfast at Hibiscus...

You and your dogs will LOVE Grayton...Definitely plan on breakfasts at Hibiscus...The dogs can make their own breakfast arrangements. There is a place at Grayton called Hallman's Hideaway that allows dogs but it is probably bigger than you need. Your dogs will love playing in the tide pool with the other dogs and kids. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. PS you can order the disposable doggie poop bags from Amazon.com. Have a ball. We took our dogs once and they still talk about it....

DiDa723

Beach Comber
Apr 12, 2007
Pet Friendly in Seagrove Beach with Sept. avail.

Hi Ohio,

Pelican Watch may be too much house for you but check it out at www.vrbo.com/15869 . It is located in Seagrove Beach and sits between the Eastern Lake outlet and ocean with awesome views of both. Let me know if it interests you and we'll "make a deal"!

Hugs to those babies!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
You and your dogs will LOVE Grayton...Definitely plan on breakfasts at Hibiscus...The dogs can make their own breakfast arrangements. There is a place at Grayton called Hallman's Hideaway that allows dogs but it is probably bigger than you need. Your dogs will love playing in the tide pool with the other dogs and kids. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. PS you can order the disposable doggie poop bags from Amazon.com. Have a ball. We took our dogs once and they still talk about it....

Not to be a party pooper, but remember you must be a resident or property owner and have a beach permit in order to have your dogs on the beach in Walton County.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You can also call the TDC (800) 822-6877 and request a vacation planner. It includes a huge listing of rental companies and private homes. There's a little doggie bone next to pet friendly accommodations.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Beach Permit for dogs

I can't remember the process, but I do recall it was easy to get beach premits for our dogs on their trips. Seems like I went to the South Walton Chamber of Commerce website and find links to the process. Dogs wear their permits with pride. But, yes, do have your dogs permittted.