• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dwight Williams

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
I have a scooter with a front brake that needs to be bled. Anyone know of a scooter shop on the 30A corridor capable of doing this? I'd like to be able to drive it to the shop, rather than hauling it in the van...

Thanks!

Dwight Williams

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Jeff,
Thanks, but I just got back from a scooter shop and got it taken care of.

Really appreciate the offer.
Best,
Dwight

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Dwight, can you relay which shop you used in case other people search on here for the same thing?

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
The only one I'm aware of locally is Distinctive Cycle just North of the 331 bridge. You'd think any of the rental shops would have a mechanic on staff. Does anyone know?

I'd have called Tillerjeff myself, but that's because I know he's a wrenchy kinda guy. Also like pulling stucky trucks oughta the woods. :lol:

Dwight Williams

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
SWGB and ASH,
Sorry I didn't initially post this... I believe the place is called "Froggie." It's a motorcycle/scooter rental place on the east side of Seagrove.

I have to say, whether you have a scooter or motorcycle repair, this is the guy to see. He knows his shi- inside and out. The brake bleed wasn't as simple as I thought it would be, as it had to be done the old school way, with lots of pumping of the brake and the opening of all three valves. Long story short, this guy (believe his name is Bill), bled my front brake, adjusted my rear brake, looked over the entire scooter, answered all questions, and took a half-hour to do it all... in the end, he wanted $10 freaking bucks for his time and expertise. Gave him $20, and it was the bargain of a lifetime. My guess is that he knows all there is to know about these vehicles....

Also need to thank TillerJeff.... I've heard GREAT things about him and would have gone there had I not already had the job done. Two great SoWal wrenches...