• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Hello SoWal!:wave:

I'm trying to plan some activities to do while we are there in July. I need some opinions on where would be the best spot for snorkeling (we plan on renting a boat). We love our R&R, but want a few things to do with our high school & college age kids. Any ideas on either? :scratch:

Thank you!

~Monica

btanner

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2006
Knoxville, Tn
Monica,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there are some amazing freshwater springs in the area that are great for snorkeling. Most of them are within an hours drive from 30a. Let me know if you want some more info, but maybe your only wanting to snorkel in the gulf.
Ben

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
You will enjoy the gulf. Not much structure but you can see wildlife. Sargassum weed if present adds to the bounty. The jetty at Destin Pass and St, Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach are favorite snorkel spots. You can rent pontoons at either place. Shell Island in PCB is great!

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
It is a bit of a haul but!!

Wakulla Springs State Park is incredible...we do it every year during our month in January. There is more wild life than most folks would see in a zoo plus backed by incredible scenery. On your way back to 30A you could stop in Appalachicola to see the fishing industry.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Wow! Thank you for all the replies! As usual, I can always count on "SoWallers" to come through with a wealth of information! Thanks again! :clap:

~Monica

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
Two very different things. Do a google for crab island in Destin. It is a place where you can anchor your boat and well I don't know what. Do a google and you will get it. I know in the summer there are different sorts of boat vendors.