1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nepotism in Walton County Schools

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Bravo 1, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Bravo 1

Bravo 1 Beach Comber

I might be late in finding out about this, however I thought this information might be of interest to some. The assistant principal that was hired at Emerald Coast is a cousin of the HR director. Then heard that the Guidance Counselor at Walton Middle is the sister of the new principal. I asked how a brother could possibly supervise and evaluate his sibling and was told that the new AP at Walton Middle will evaluate her. Then found out the new AP was one of Carlene's' cronies (dad was Walton school administrator) sons and that he does not have a masters degree. The cherry on top of this neat family story is the guidance counselor apparently is not certified and has been on the job a number of years:lol:

2. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

And the Hits Just Keep on Coming, for all the tax payer employees in Walton County.....

3. TheZohan

TheZohan Beach Lover

Nepotism has always been a Walton county way!!!

4. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

Put kids first? Not as long as the Leona Helmsley of Walton County is in charge of schools.

5. DaleDalbey

DaleDalbey Beach Fanatic

We get what we vote for. Best advice is to begin massive voter registration efforts now. Then organize get out the vote efforts. Like it or not, it worked for Obama twice.

6. meggiemom

meggiemom Beach Lover

I understand that Mark Davis has several relatives who are employed by the school district. They surely have job security.

7. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

This has been tossed around for some time with very few people giving a hoot about it.

You think that's something, start looking into the county and its employees and how the family tree is there.

Glad someone else is picking up on this sort of thing.

8. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

When the battle starts it's best not to shoot the only support on your side.

9. j p nettles

j p nettles Banned

Battle? There isn't going to be any battle. Anderson has packed the board with help from campaign contributions from her pal M.C. Davis and she's a charter member of Walton County's political machine. The effort to get rid of an elected superintendent failed. Voter apathy and the geniuses who only support Republicans have won the day. Sadly, the children of Walton County are the real losers.

10. thomas

thomas Beach Comber

No.. Sir. The verdict is in... And it appears with a thought process like that... You might be the real Loser.. How much of your time or $ have you donated to the school system lately or you too busy reading all those FAA regulations

11. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

???

What verdict? I'm lost...

12. thomas

thomas Beach Comber

Yes... I agree. You most certainly are Lost...

13. Suzanne Harris

Suzanne Harris Beach Fanatic

I truly believe you have been lost in "Alice and Wonderland" for years.

14. meggiemom

meggiemom Beach Lover

I find it rather odd that some here don't like to hear the negative comments about the Carlene Anderson rule in the school system. When you have nepotism, incompetence, wasteful spending, a drop the quality of teachers etc. etc. etc. it's hard to be positive, move ahead and "work with what we have" to improve the schools. What we have is Carlene Anderson and her political cronies and that's the problem. She's like a fungus.

15. DaleDalbey

DaleDalbey Beach Fanatic

is that like athlete's foot?

16. graytonbeachguy

graytonbeachguy Beach Fanatic

Welcome to Small Town America. Many people whose families did not relocate here in the past 5 years are related to many other people who have been long-time residents. We have liked living here for generations before you discovered us. That is why our families have remained in the area and we have so many local relatives. Our relatives work and live in the community in which our families have roots. Similar "coincidences" can be found anywhere.

17. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

"Coinincences" + problems ($ and other) = corruption. Simple equation, but you get to pay for it so enjoy...

Keep head in sand, don't pull out.

18. m1a1mg

m1a1mg Beach Fanatic

When unqualified people are hired due to nepotism, everybody loses.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  19. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

I agree with what you say. It would behoove you to remember that there are job qualifications for most positions one applies for. To paint all who have some distant relation to another, but are qualified to fill a position, is proposterous. I am against nepotism as much as the next guy but I certainly understand the position expressed by graytonbeachguy as well.

20. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Well said Andy. Sums it up quite well.