1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nervous Property Owners

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by OnMackBayou, Jun 22, 2005.

1. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

I have read all the interesting posts regarding the bubble burst theory, and want to assist any lot/home owners within a 5 minute walk to the beach.

If you believe the local market will soon retreat 50%, and want out now before it's too late, please e-mail me at assetmgsrv@aol.com. I can close within 2 weeks.

Only the very, very nervous need respond.

2. phdphay

phdphay Beach Fanatic

Oh - My - God! Beachside Property Might Not Increase In Value At The Exponential Rates At Which It Has Grown Recently, But We All Know That There Is Only So Much Beachside Property Left, And The Demand Outweighs The Supply. The "skeered" People Are The Ones Who Just Recently Spent Way Too Much For Property And Can't Make A Boatload Of Profit Like Those From Whom They Made Their Purchases. They Just Got Into The Game Too Late. Even If The Market Is On The Negative Slope Of The Curve, Those Of Us Who Invested A Few Years Ago Are Coolio. Imho, That Is.

BTW dunno why my "all caps" for emphasis got canned.

3. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

For those of you out there looking at this who have property to sell, please disregard any logic you may find in these responses.

4. phdphay

phdphay Beach Fanatic

I think I'm going to have a seizure. "Please disregard any logic" is so alien to my mindset that I think I need some Xanax to deal with this statement.

5. FoX

FoX Beach Fanatic

You obviously decided to forgoe "Tongue In Cheek 101" and "Introduction To Mild Sarcasm" at your alma mater.

I believe this is the 2nd time today you have mentioned Xanax. Do you not know that pot grows like a weed?

6. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

This is not advertising....I just came across an interesting website that they're going to start in a couple of months called condoflip.com whereas people could list their the condo contracts they want to flip at a mear 4% commission. This Florida condo-frenzy is about to take a VERY ugly turn in a couple of months and there definately is going to be money lost--should be really interesting to follow the action as this story unfolds, I predict the condo thing is going to go down in a ball of flames and kick start the real estate tumble. :shock:

7. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

My shark instincts are telling me to start circling. But I must wait until I smell the blood.

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

"To know nothing, is to experience all."

9. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I would also like to releave some of the anxiety of the property owners. (As a goodwill service of course) Why take a 50% hit in a few weeks when you could only take a 30% - 40% hit by selling to me now :cool:

10. phdphay

phdphay Beach Fanatic

LOL. I take things so seriously. I think it's part of the oldest-child syndrome.

In my profession I can't do anything illegal or even untoward, not that I'd want to ... well, maybe sometimes. :)

11. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

Okay, nervous property owners, I will give my e-mail address again. It is assetmgsrv@aol.com. I want to hear from anyone who seriously thinks they are at risk with their investment. If you think the market is about to enter a death spiral, I will gladly help relieve your stress.

If you think the market is going to go down 50%, I will seriously look at purchasing your property at only a 29% discount.

12. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I'll buy for 25% discount :D Ut oh... Do you think this will start another feeding frenzey :D

13. BrettMan

BrettMan Beach Comber

Do I hear 5% discount? I'll sell you my property for 5% less than it's current list price...

14. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

25%

15. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

16. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

D*!#@!

23% :bang:

17. Georgian

Georgian Beach Comber

Skier must be daytrading. I expected him to accept your offers by now.
    :laughing1

18. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

22.9%.

Seriously, I will pay for two appraisals, we'll take the average. You'll get your money in two weeks.

RiverOtter, you're killing me. By the way, you have been called away on urgent business to Tibet, and you must leave immediately for an indefinite stay. And no proxy bidders for you.

19. skier

skier Beach Lover

Georgian,

Read my last post under "bubble bursting". I have no desire to rush out of the market. I've got plenty of cushion as I purchased a couple of years ago. We bought not as an investment but as a place for the family to enjoy. I can easily afford what I have and have no worries about rising interest rates or falling prices.

That said, if someone is willing to pay me $1100 per square foot comparable to some fairly recent sales in the area (not a discount of 20,21,22,23,24,etc. percent), I'll take the money. Then, I'll sit back and watch the market. If it falls as I think it will, I'll reinvest. If not, I'll use the interest on my after tax gain and become a renter again.

We are happy whichever way the cards fall.

20. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:bang: Curses!

Tibet???? When I get there can I call myself the Great White Warlord? :D