• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Hey! I know some people who worked for NOLA. I am from New Orleans also. What is your name if you don't mind my asking. I may know you or of you. Have a great day. Brenda

:wave: Everybody calls me Cork but my given name is Deb. I live on 30A but went to NOLA 2 weeks post Katrina. I was staged at a school by the levee. I think it was in Chalmette. The rescue operation was Mutt Shack. It was all so sad but I got my little Sunshine as a result. :love:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Oh, I thought maybe you were from here. Anyway Cork (Deb) it will be nice to meet you when I get down there. Thanks for helping after Katrina. What a nightmare that was, but your little Sunshine is too cute so your reward for helping was awesome. :clap:

:wave: Everybody calls me Cork but my given name is Deb. I live on 30A but went to NOLA 2 weeks post Katrina. I was staged at a school by the levee. I think it was in Chalmette. The rescue operation was Mutt Shack. It was all so sad but I got my little Sunshine as a result. :love:

ravinhuxley

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2008
Hi Danielle, I have a 3 yr old female spayed Blue Russian cat--looking for a shelter for her. Do you take cats?

Ella Caro

Beach Crab
Aug 15, 2010
Friends of Walton County Animal Shelter Inc.

I just read your message and requests for help. I would like to meet with you to see if we can help each other. We are new and will have an organizational meeting Sept. 9 at the Community Center in Freeport at 7 pm. For 40 years I, like you, rescued everything I found that needed rescuing. Now I have to concentrate on doing what I can with available facilities. My email is ecarosrb1@embarqmail.com
I live in Seagrove. Let me know if you would like to talk, and you are certainly invited to our meeting Sept. 9. There can never be too many people rescuing animals. We have to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. Ella Caro

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Rescue

Hi Danielle, I have a 3 yr old female spayed Blue Russian cat--looking for a shelter for her. Do you take cats?

That is a good questions I don't have any to be taken in, it is just good to know. I wll do my best to help you Danielle. I have just committed to Alaqua and wish I had known before since I have quite a bit of stuff I gave to them and have already started volunteering with them. I also have a pet sitting service in case you are ever in need and perhaps I can help here and there by walking some of the smaller ones or any that don't pull on you. I may be able to find some donations for you have on your list. I may especially have sheet and maybe a dog bed or two. I'll do what I can so call me and perhaps we can work something out. Perhaps I can work hours at Alaqua so I can help you to. What do you do with all of those dogs while you are at work?

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Rescue meeting

I will also try to make that meeting ya'll are having, but i may be out of town that week. I will let you know when I know. Thanks and you are doing such a good thing and I really would love to help with what I can and some volunteer work. I've had 16 years of pet sitting experience, helped several non profit organizations with their adoptions and also trapping of animals that are hard to catch and then help them. I was a IGHlegal seccretary for 13 years before that so if you need any kind of typing done, et. I would be happy to do that also, take phone calls, make calles, etc. I have three cats and a dog of my own all rescues. I found them and brought them home to find them a home and they got one for sure, with me. They seemed so happy i did not have the heart to part with the, plus I had grown to love them too much and new they would havbe a happy home with me. I would especially like to help out with small dogs, perhaps, and I am just saing perhaps I could possibly foster a small dog as long as they get along with cats. My dogs (he is a very friendly 6 lb. chihuahua) looks like the Taco Bell dog, is afraid of larger dogs. Smaller he likes. I think I can help you out. (850) 622-3352 I'l let you know if I can make the meeting. You are are and angel Danielle. Brenda :love: