• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The last bit shows why Larry is one of the best - a real pro!

So, I now own another boat that I really did not want but he Feds have forced me to purchase to keep my fishing style. I'll run this boat on the longer trips as it has the Federal Fisheries permit on it and keep the Dead Fish for state waters where most of my fishing is.

The cat will abide by State law and have a longer Snapper season (70 days proposed this year) and be able to fish for species the Feds close but not the State. The new boat will be able to run offshore to federal waters and catch Jacks this time of year. When the Feds implement catch shares (it passed through the Gulf council last year) I should have some red snapper quota for this boat that we can fish when the State season is closed.

More maintenance, insurance, investment and permits.... but.. we should be able to legally run charters for quality fish all year.... I remember when fishing was a lot more fun and a lot less political!