• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Bill Chapman chair. Tony Anderson co chair.

Evidently C. Jones doesn't like being laughed at when she proudly boasted "no wrong doing". The entire board room laughed with me laughing loudest and she called me out saying "Excuse me" and the baliff started towards me. Had I been removed from that meeting trust me when I tell you i would have shown out big time because I was not the only one laughing!

The jokes on you Cecilia Jones and the whole county knows it.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good listen. Check out the audio.

When there was a brief pause for a second on the co-chair position that C. Jones; "was fixing' to pass the gavel to second." Her words.

Towards the end of the meeting, C. Jones (who is obviously fueled on her "innocence") tells citizen Mrs. Bowman that "we kinda like orange anyway..." in response to some accusations. Foreshadowing? Perhaps?

Love the uproar by the Public.

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Waiting for the video / audio.

Hearing that when there was a brief pause for a second on the co-chair position that C. Jones; "was fixing' to pass the gavel to second." Her words.

That wasn't the only brief pause...When I asked why the County was not doing background checks, she sat their looking at me dumbfounded then told me she wasn't going to answer me...because she didn't have answer.

I'll give the devil his due though, Chapman did say they should be doing background checks. Even a level 2 background check would have revealed "Asphalt Walters" was a convicted felon or even a google search for that matter!

Nipper weighed in and said she had seen 4 or 5 background checks so it seems they are done sporadically and selectively at best.

Then Comander weighed in about "redemption" and giving some a second chance as did Jones, saying some of these guys have not re-offended. Pretty broad statement when you don't know that for a fact!! Just because they may not have gotten caught re-offending doesn't mean that they have not re-offended. It does mean that haven't gotten caught...yet.

I will also grant you that some do have a sincere desire to turn their lives around and I respect those who are sincerely making an effort to do that but obviously that was not the case with "Asphalt Walters".

The County obviously did not hire an HR person with the kind of judgment to make that call either!!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Bill Chapman chair. Tony Anderson co chair.

Evidently C. Jones doesn't like being laughed at when she proudly boasted "no wrong doing". The entire board room laughed with me laughing loudest and she called me out saying "Excuse me" and the baliff started towards me. Had I been removed from that meeting trust me when I tell you i would have shown out big time because I was not the only one laughing!

The jokes on you Cecilia Jones and the whole county knows it.

Let me rephrase this...what she was actually boasting about was the so called "Independent Investigation" which the BCC directed along with the County attorney's help and a law firm previously under contract with the County which they had allowed to lapse...so, because Constangy was still being paid by the County but not under contract it was an independent investigation.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Everyone, including our County Employees KNOW this was not an "independent" investigation. It was a white wash. Someone needs to check the county yard to see how much paint was used up...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Just some comments on the NWFL Daily News Facebook page...

Janet Dowdy Smalley Yes, everyone deserves to integrate back into society after they serve their time. However, anyone working in the capacity of handling money, working with children, etc need a background check in today’s world. If background checks aren’t needed and used why are they in place? I’ll tell you why...to prevent further crimes. They not only protect citizens but background checks also protect the felon so that they are not put in to a compromised situation. This board is off the chain especially the lady that said she just worked with prisoners and found them to be polite. I’ve heard of very few behind bars that are not polite to superiors. If these “cream of the crop” are on the way to being productive citizens I’m sure they would not want to be placed in a job they might fail. Surely, this board will act immediately and get these background checks in place. Or is there someone on the board that wouldn’t pass???

Meagan Fisher That lady that kept saying “are you done” needs to be out of there...

Tonya Quinn I agree, I wonder if she had something to do with the hire!

Meagan Fisher She’s rude as hell and in no way would I want her to be representing my county... they have these open forums so people can voice their concerns and get answers...

Lynda Diann Megan Fisher until yesterday that lady was the BCC Chairman of the Board Cecilia Jones. Walton County Government is not in the business of rehabilitating prisoners either and I think it's a broad stretch for Commissioners to assume that convicted felons have not re offended..just because they may not have been caught re offending does not mean that have not re offended. It does mean they just haven't been caught.

Frank Hunter how about the corrupt commissioners?

The County is not now, nor should they be in the business of rehabilitating prisoners. It's certainly not the taxpayers responsibility to foot the bill for the BCC's pi$$ poor decisions.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
What extraordinary arrogance and disrespect from an elected official.

What goes around, comes around. Just a matter of time.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
You have to pass a background check to get a job at Walmart for Christs sake.....what is the matter with these people?