• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jim steckel

Beach Comber
Dec 15, 2010
In addition to the filling in of the wharf pond, and on going work to complete the existing structures, foundations for 3 new homes have been constructed. Does anyone have additional information on the project?

Emerald_Homes_SoWal

Beach Crab
Dec 20, 2013
Prominence Plan

Prominence is located between Alys Beach and Water Sound on both the North and South side of 30A. Prominence planned offerings include single family homes, townhomes and tri-plexes. Several home designs are under development and are scheduled to be released for sale in early spring. Plans also include two large amenity centers featuring a pool, clubhouse, tennis court and spa.

Developers Comer Company and Woodford Capital are planning a Town Center for Prominence on approximately 3 acres with approximately 700 feet of frontage on 30A. The Town Center plans include a large covered event Pavilion – a central gathering place with a Cinema screen for movies as well as a stage for concerts and other events. There is also a S’Mores Fireplace nestled in the corner of the Pavilion area – a great place for kids - and harvest/picnic tables which offer a place to eat and/or watch events. In front of the Pavilion is a large Town Lawn. The Pavilion and the Town Lawn form the center of retail shops as well as restaurants/cafes and coffee shop. There is also space for a 4,000 square foot restaurant tucked on the Eastern edge of the property. The Prominence Town Center will soon be the new activity center for over 1,000 homes/homesites in Water Sound and Prominence. More information will be available as we announce our retailers and restaurateurs/cafés.

www.EmeraldHomes.com/30a

In addition to the filling in of the wharf pond, and on going work to complete the existing structures, foundations for 3 new homes have been constructed. Does anyone have additional information on the project?

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
so basically dr Horton is going to flood the 30-a market with 450-600k homes that cost them $200k to build with the dirt cheap land they bought to build on.So If real estate slows they'll cut prices huge and flood the mkt with dirt cheap homes.30-a has never had a mass builder that can build tons of homes quick and change the inventory dynamics in months

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Prominence is located between Alys Beach and Water Sound on both the North and South side of 30A. Prominence planned offerings include single family homes, townhomes and tri-plexes. Several home designs are under development and are scheduled to be released for sale in early spring. Plans also include two large amenity centers featuring a pool, clubhouse, tennis court and spa.

Developers Comer Company and Woodford Capital are planning a Town Center for Prominence on approximately 3 acres with approximately 700 feet of frontage on 30A. The Town Center plans include a large covered event Pavilion – a central gathering place with a Cinema screen for movies as well as a stage for concerts and other events. There is also a S’Mores Fireplace nestled in the corner of the Pavilion area – a great place for kids - and harvest/picnic tables which offer a place to eat and/or watch events. In front of the Pavilion is a large Town Lawn. The Pavilion and the Town Lawn form the center of retail shops as well as restaurants/cafes and coffee shop. There is also space for a 4,000 square foot restaurant tucked on the Eastern edge of the property. The Prominence Town Center will soon be the new activity center for over 1,000 homes/homesites in Water Sound and Prominence. More information will be available as we announce our retailers and restaurateurs/cafés.

www.EmeraldHomes.com/30a

Sounds great - do you have any commercial tenents yet? I'm always curious about new businesses coming to the area.

Mello Yolo

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
I've heard Target and Piggly Wiggly will be two of the stores. Also a Goodyear Tire shop........

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I just can't help but think of the traffic situation on 30A with these multi-developments being built....
Adam homes or DR Horton, I'm past it, there goes the charm. I was here in the early stages and enjoyed the beauty this area had to offer for many years.
I didn't want to believe the rumor Sandestin one day would implement 6 lanes. I wonder now if 30A will soon need 4?

We had bonfires in our front yards, let the air out of our tires and drove on the beach all the way to Destin, cruised the state trails on hayrides and 4 wheelers, walked around most all of the coastal dune lakes, and all drank at the same drinking hole....Ricks run-a-ground. Oh well, they call it progress.....I just feel fortunate I had the opportunity to explore the true wonders of Walton County "back in the good ole days". :love:
I have to add there is still no place I would rather spend the rest of my life than right here at the beach!

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
30A lost a lot of it's "charm" years ago with Adams Homes and DR Horton having no part in it.