• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
No roof top bar.
This is a restaurant that will not be open late.

Is this in a legal doc. somewhere? Do you really trust what these developers are saying will be the case years from now? " TRUST BUT VERIFY ".

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
So regardless of the time spent in a neighborhood someone can build anything next to you they want to?

Just because someone may have been in a neighborhood longer than another, I don't see how that gives them the right to attempt to bully everyone, and when they don't get their way to threaten people with law suits just because grandpa left them with a lot of money and they fell entitled. What happenned to being neighborly? Isn't the proposed development an improvement over what is currently there?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think the proposed development is an improvement over the current abandoned eyesore, but that doesn't mean it is 100% perfect.

Open air dining and all your traffic going on unpaved roads through residential neighborhoods are potentially big issues - and ones I think people can legitimately raise concerns about.

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
Just because someone may have been in a neighborhood longer than another, I don't see how that gives them the right to attempt to bully everyone, and when they don't get their way to threaten people with law suits just because grandpa left them with a lot of money and they fell entitled. What happenned to being neighborly? Isn't the proposed development an improvement over what is currently there?

Check out the area and ride through the neighborhoods that surrounf it and whose streets will be used for the entrance and exit for the new" business neighbor" and I think you can answer this question for yourself. Also, a neighbor movng into the neighborhood I can greet and welcome, a business that brings noise and traffic...hard to say Welcome.

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
I think the proposed development is an improvement over the current abandoned eyesore, but that doesn't mean it is 100% perfect.

Open air dining and all your traffic going on unpaved roads through residential neighborhoods are potentially big issues - and ones I think people can legitimately raise concerns about.

Seems that I remember a big issue that came up at the Commissioner's Meeting on the Comp Plan about roads for businesses needing to be paved. Since the business faces 30A ,traffic should be routed via 30A. 30A is already ruined as far as I am concerned with traffic etc so one more congested area will not matter. Will be interested to see how the developer and the County bump heads on this one and who comes out the winner...because this will show us if the Comp Plan and the Commissioners have any power. over developers.

Vitamin D

Beach Comber
Jan 28, 2011
Cowgirl Kitchen Market in Seagrove?

Every time I drive by the " CK Market coming this Spring" in Seagrove I wonder when Spring is...

Does anyone have information on this site? just wondering...

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The wheelhouse building is to be torn down and 723 Whiskey Bravo Restaurant built in its place. The permitting process is still ongoing. As for the other buildings they are being spruced up but not sure if they will open before the restaurant.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Nikki says the permitting and development order is done. Cowgirl Kitchen Market is targeted to open in May, Whiskey Bravo in the Fall. Other retail will probably open throughout the Summer.

Vitamin D

Beach Comber
Jan 28, 2011
Nikki says the permitting and development order is done. Cowgirl Kitchen Market is targeted to open in May, Whiskey Bravo in the Fall. Other retail will probably open throughout the Summer.

Thanks for the clarification !