• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ricklys

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Does anyone know what is going in at the defunct Oaks at Eden on 395 near Eden Drive? Hope it's not another D.R. Horton! :roll:

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Not sure about Oaks at Eden, but DR Horton does have the Prominence site next to Watersound Beach under contract. Sure hate to see low end merchant builders on 30-A.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Not sure who the builder is - 25 units reduced to 19 for the site.

I heard it was DR Horton.........they're taking over all the S/D with infrastructure in place.
Everywhere you look it's a DR Horton Community!

Santa Rosa Beach is turning into Crestview............not good IMO :angry:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I heard it was DR Horton.........they're taking over all the S/D with infrastructure in place.
Everywhere you look it's a DR Horton Community!

Santa Rosa Beach is turning into Crestview............not good IMO :angry:

Oh, are we getting a Hooters!?!?!

Don't be mad at Horton, be mad at the investulators that inflated the bubble and ran everything into the ground. Horton is simply playing the role of buzzard on our real estate roadkill.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I wouldn't call Horton low end. They obviously aren't high end, but the ones I've toured are good builder quality houses.

Plus I like the idea of residents being able to afford non-trailer housing south of the bay.

dragonfly8201

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2012
I wouldn't call Horton low end. They obviously aren't high end, but the ones I've toured are good builder quality houses.

Plus I like the idea of residents being able to afford non-trailer housing south of the bay.
That's why we have been checking them out. It may be the only way we can stay in the area once we sell our "high end" house!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
There are differing ideas of value, but the Horton houses have functional floor plans and good basic finishes. On recent parade of homes they often showed better than the higher end places that were badly decorated.
Someone with an experienced eye can see the price point reflected in the details and materials, and they do keep building the same house plans over and over, but overall they do build a decent house.