• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaquell.net

Beach Comber
Dec 5, 2005
Good afternoon, all,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. We have just closed on our first beach dream cottage in Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. I'll be getting it furnished over the next month or so and will be putting it on the rental market. I'm writing for tips, advice, referrals, etc., for such things as advertising (I'll be using Mooncreek when the house is ready), websites, accounting and bookkeeping, management companies, the whole nine yards. And any encouraging words, warnings, or general words of wisdom appeciated.
Thanks,
Seaquell.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
:welcome: Sit down and read for a spell, and you'll come up with more good information on this board than you could ever dream of. I'm a newbie to the vacation rental business, like you, so you'll see lots of my posts. ;-) There's invaluable advice and encouragement here, so settle in and get started!

And when you're tired of being educated, stop by the Lounge. :cool:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
:welcome: Seaquell ........... bet Mermaid could be an invaluable resource for you. She can point you to some pretty detailed posts. Have fun!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Congrats seaquell and welcome aboard! You won't be "new" for long if you hang out here!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Seaquell.net said:
Good afternoon, all,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. We have just closed on our first beach dream cottage in Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. I'll be getting it furnished over the next month or so and will be putting it on the rental market. I'm writing for tips, advice, referrals, etc., for such things as advertising (I'll be using Mooncreek when the house is ready), websites, accounting and bookkeeping, management companies, the whole nine yards. And any encouraging words, warnings, or general words of wisdom appeciated.
Thanks,
Seaquell.

somewhere on this board is a thread with all kinds of juicy scoop on renting your unit.

Looks like you bought the New Orleans model. Did you get the wormy Cypress ceilings?

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Seaquell.net said:
Good afternoon, all,
Thanks,
Seaquell.

Welcome - our new VT went live today, and we couldn't be happier. Drop a line and I'll be more than happy to share some thoughts.

See our Virtual Tour at: http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/237hiddenlakeway/

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Congrats on the new house and welcome to the board. As said, there is alot of info on the board for owners and renters alike.

:welcome:

Wetwilly :cool:

Also, see the sowal visitor's guide that was put together by Katie Blue at the following thread. She put alot of work into it and got some help from the sowal.com cyber friends. I send it to all of my self renters and they appreciate it. The thread with the guide is at [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=1634"]SoWal Beaches Forum - SoWal Visitor's Guide - (Final) Download & Print[/ame]