• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Akarin

Beach Lover
Mar 5, 2012
Eastern Lake
akarin.com
Hey everyone! I am moving here with my girlfriend from Ft. Lauderdale to right near Gulf Place and HOPEFULLY closing on May 15th... but we all know how that goes!

Before Lauderdale I was living in the Florida Keys. Before that I was in Melbourne/Cocoa Beach. Before that I was growing up in Fort Walton Beach! I'm a Choctaw Grad but unfortunately my girlfriend is a Fort Walton grad ;-) LOL We're moving back to be closer to family and old friends... and hopefully to make some new ones.
I hope to see you around the board and out on the bike paths! :clap:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
:wave:

SoWal is to Lauderdale as heaven is to hell. I hear cocoa is pretty cool though.

Akarin

Beach Lover
Mar 5, 2012
Eastern Lake
akarin.com
Thanks everyone!

From reading the board, I am interested in seeing first hand how SoWal is and is not "Keys-ish".

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
:welcome:

I bet SoWal is a lot more southern but nearly as laid back. Except we have a lot of city folks who hang out here in second homes or on vacation.

Rick

Beach Comber
Akarin,

From a Sand Sculptor's point of view the beaches are TONS better, with the sand willing to hold together much better than most of the imported and very granular sand of the keys. The Keys are a beautiful place but there is just something special about 30A and Santa Rosa Beaches! But you've probably figured that out by now. Hey man, and when you are ready to make that girlfriend your wife give us a call for your marriage proposal sculpture ;)