New members needed for recycling!

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by flipfloppammy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. flipfloppammy

flipfloppammy Beach Crab

Hi! :D

I wanted to make a post here to ask the local members to please consider joining www.freecycle.org There are several online sites established for our local area, and only one exists for Walton County. I am the moderator for this area's De Funiak Springs Freecycle website. Because of the size of our county, this is the only Freecycle in Walton County. Let me explain a little bit about what we do.

The DeFuniak Springs (Walton County area) Freecycle Group is to help anyone in need of giving or receiving an item.

One rule: everything posted must be FREE of charge. That means you may not ask to collect a single penny or ask for a trade of any kind from the person who takes your item. Whether it's a chair, a pair of shoes, a fax machine, piano, or an old door to be given away, it can be posted on the network. Or, maybe you're looking to acquire something yourself? Respond to the posting directly and you just might get it. After that it is up to the giver to set up a pickup time for passing on the treasure.

If someone posts something you would like to have. Please respond to that person directly. Please be aware that the members here have not been screened and giving any personal information about yourself via a post (ie phone numbers and addresses) are available for all members to see. If someone gives you something and tells you to call before you go there, please by all means, do what they ask. Remember that "please" and "thank you" are always appreciated.

Non-profit organizations also benefit from the Freecycle Network. Post the item or items you want to give away and a local organization can help you get it to someone in need.

All subject lines must state one of the following and then the item.

OFFER:
    TAKEN:
    RECEIVED:
    WANTED:

From the LION KING movie we learn that in the Circle of Life "You should never take more than you give."

Note:
    SPAM will not be tolerated of any kind. All messages are read and approved before posting, so do not try to bypass the system. It will be a waste of your time.

The worldwide Freecycle? Network is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Each local group is run by a local volunteer moderator. Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by clicking on the region on the right. It will generate an automatic e-mail which, when sent, will sign you up for your local group and send you a response with instructions on how it works. Or, go directly to the Web site for your local group by clicking on your community's link on the left.

We post these items as 'OFFER', 'NEED'. 'WANTED'. etc. Everything MUST be FREE! This is a wonderful way to get rid of things you no longer want or need and also to find things you want or need. Anything from clothing for children to furniture...as long as it is FREE! Please consider taking a look around the Freecycle site to find out more on what we're all about!

I am currently working on membership recruiting for South Walton County. There are so many people needing things in our area, not only in North Walton County, but South Walton as well. We need more people offering things that are no longer of use to them, but could be of use to someone else. Please check out the site through the link I have (hopefully) provided above. This is a wonderful idea and I am happy to be a part of the Freecycle network! Thank you for reading! Emails are also welcomed at hallman55@earthlinl.net ~Pam~