• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
For all you NO Saints fans out there :love: this one is for YOU!!!! :D

BLACK & GOLD ........ SUPERBOWL!!!!!!
Our Saints, Our City, Our Soul:
Out of the fire
And up from the flood
A great team is born
Made of guts, steel and blood

Their history a low one
No one can deny
Their new rise a slow one
But oh now so high

This team that I speak of
Is of black and gold
And travels the gridiron
So brave and so bold

Their symbol is royalty
We call Fleur de lis
And proud New Orleanians
Watch it with glee

Come Deuce and come Reggie
Come Drew and come Joe
Come Marques and Terrance
Now go beat the foe

The course is set plainly
There is clearly a goal
Go show all the world
A storm can?t kill our soul

To the men in black jerseys
The tights and the cleats
Know that we love you
In wins and defeats

And to you, Sean Payton
The coach of our dreams
Thank you from all of us
Who give jumps, yells and screams

You have given us purpose
You have given us hope
You have given us will
And a reason to cope

To all of the Saints
Who reside in the Dome
Thanks for making our city
A proud place to call home.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1: ...I, for one, had my doubts that the dome would ever be seen as a happy place again.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
IBD~~ what a great poem!:love: :clap_1: Makes me want to stand strong with head high and get a Fluer de lis tattoo. Of course we have about 50 throughout the Cafe, and I have tons of jewelry and purses, wallets, etc. Sometmes I can be one big bling bling Fluer de lis:blush: So I guess I don't need one on my body too. One day I'll share my story about the Fluer de lis and how many I photographed while living in N.O. I did an intense research into the Fluer de lis. And of course it crowns our logo!

God Bless all those people who sat in and around the Superdome :sosad: during that horrible time after Katrina hit. I watched as its beauty was tarnished:banging: :whack: :banging: :puke: :lie: :bicycle: :pissed: and watch now it's rising from the ashes with the Saints leading it's people to the top again!!! :bow: :clap_1: :bow: :clap_1: :bow: :clap_1:

The city needs this....deserves this. Please I pray for this one thing to lift New Orleans to a height no flood :nono1: can take down. It is regaining it's soul:!:

Thank You

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks....wish it were more then a memory!!! Yummy I could eat a plateful NOW.:drool:

Go see the good peeps at Blue Orleans....it will transport you for a moment! :clap_1:

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
Thanks so much for that wonderful poem. It gave me goose bumps. And Katz, after being home in New Orleans this week, I actually am thinking about getting a fleur de lis tattoo. I always disliked tattoos, but I think it would be great. Hope all is going well. Go Saints!!!!!!!!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
What a great poem, IBD. Even tho I'm currently (temporarily) living in Chicago and rooting for the Bears, most of my remaining family still live in Mobile & they are all huge Saints fans. I love the Saints too. :love:

I'd be happy if either team won. You all have funn and stay safe!! :clap_1: