• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
http://www.waltonsun.com/news/church_1855___article.html/preschool_age.html

The Santa Rosa Beach Community Church on U.S. Highway 98 will soon be teaching tykes in its fellowship hall.
On Aug. 19, the church will begin a three-day a week preschool program for 3-year-old to pre-kindergarten age children.
?The academics will be taught through playing,? said Community Church Education Deacon Jean Rice. ?There will be games, songs and stories (to be taught through).?
According to the program brochure, the curriculum will be based around each individual child?s needs and learning level. Each teacher involved with the program has a background in education and holds a masters degree.
Congregation members helped remodel three rooms of the fellowship hall for classroom use.
?This type of ministry is something new for the congregation and something new for the community,? said Pastor Pete Hyde. ?We?ve needed a preschool for some time now. We?ve been working on this for a year and a half and we?re really excited.?
The Preschool program will be divided into three classes based on age and will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monthly tuition is $285 and a one-time registration fee is $100.
Program director Robin Vaughn said not only will it be a great educational opportunity for young children, but it also will give parents looking for a preschool in the area a viable option.
?As a mom of a preschooler, it was so hard to get him into a preschool because of the waiting lists,? she said. ?This will be great for parents (of the community).?
For more information on the program, contact the SRBCC at (850) 267-1437.

Childcare4u

Beach Lover
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Are they going to do any kind of after school care till like 3. I have a 4 yr old Ive been watching and shes trying everything to get him into preschool but with her job she needs somewhere that will allow her to get him at 3 instead of 2 like most the preschools.

Afterschool

Afterschool program is what SOWAL needs. Like in Okaloosa county the buses take kids to Roane and most parents dont pick up until 6ish. SOWAL needs this for the working parents...

these preschools are great, but with Walton county school times are out by 230 and dont have afterschool programs and no where wlse to take them/and no one to get them there :eek:)

Obviously there are more logistics than that, but would be great.

One day I guess... Hey we finally got a high school after I was past graduation age :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Afterschool program is what SOWAL needs. Like in Okaloosa county the buses take kids to Roane and most parents dont pick up until 6ish. SOWAL needs this for the working parents...

these preschools are great, but with Walton county school times are out by 230 and dont have afterschool programs and no where wlse to take them/and no one to get them there :eek:)

One day I guess... Hey we finally got a high school after I was past graduation age :D

Both elementary schools in SoWal have SPICE, which is after school care, so what kind of after school care are you looking for?

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Are they going to do any kind of after school care till like 3. I have a 4 yr old Ive been watching and shes trying everything to get him into preschool but with her job she needs somewhere that will allow her to get him at 3 instead of 2 like most the preschools.[/QUOTE]

:yikes: Even 2 is pretty late for preschoolers -- ours (in ATL) gets out at 12:30! Some of the parents (like myself) have sitters that pick them up from preschool on the days we work -- and then watch them in the afternoons. But it's tricky b/c you have to trust the person enough to drive your kids!

Childcare4u

Beach Lover
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Yeah well you live in a big city so Im sure that there are many options for you. There are a few daycare/preschool settings that are open till 6 for working parents but the wait lists are long. There really arnt many options here. Around here it is hard to even find a home daycare that has open spots.

bcberges

Beach Comber
Aug 19, 2009
preschool that watches until 6pm

TLC Kids Care watches kids until 6pm give them a call they are the best in the area if you ask me.

850-835-3350 or 850-496-0049

ask for chanda she is the director

Are they going to do any kind of after school care till like 3. I have a 4 yr old Ive been watching and shes trying everything to get him into preschool but with her job she needs somewhere that will allow her to get him at 3 instead of 2 like most the preschools.

bcberges

Beach Comber
Aug 19, 2009
preschool that watches until 6pm

TLC Kids Care watches the kids until 6pm. They are filling up so id give them a call they are the best in the area.

call them... 850-835-3350 or 850-496-0049

Are they going to do any kind of after school care till like 3. I have a 4 yr old Ive been watching and shes trying everything to get him into preschool but with her job she needs somewhere that will allow her to get him at 3 instead of 2 like most the preschools.[/QUOTE]

:yikes: Even 2 is pretty late for preschoolers -- ours (in ATL) gets out at 12:30! Some of the parents (like myself) have sitters that pick them up from preschool on the days we work -- and then watch them in the afternoons. But it's tricky b/c you have to trust the person enough to drive your kids!

daisies&dragonflies

Beach Crab
Aug 7, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
After school care

Hi.

I am registered with the State and I can provide after school care for four kids kindergarten age and older (10 yrs max) in my home. My son attends Butler (1st grade). I will be offering child care M-F 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. My other son is in preschool and I can take four additional kids age 12 months to pre-K. Depending on the number of kids, I can pick up from Butler, or the the school bus drops off children in front of my home. Give me a call if you are interested. 622-3274