• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I understand that the new Publix, on Hwy 98 in SoWal, will be breaking ground sometime this week. For those of you who didn't know about it, the new Publix will be located on the north side of Hwy 98, a few hundred feet east of Hwy 393.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Before you know it, you will be able to drive down to Freeport and get some sushi at Publix. (no public announcement for that one, yet.)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear that Publix will soon be constructing another store near the Lowe's or Home Depot in PCB.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I hear that Publix will soon be constructing another store near the Lowe's or Home Depot in PCB.

Business is good for Publix. I have had meetings with them in which I learned that the 98 corridor is hot, and that Freeport is still years out. In related news, Fresh Market has apparently pulled out of Pier Park. I hear that the Destin store isn't performing as expected.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Fresh Market cannot compete with our clean Publix. Fresh Market is all about the feel of the store, and selection is limited. Most people will take Publix any day. Now if they were to have Kelly's as their only competition, Fresh Market would be a huge success.

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
Excuse me, people, but I told you a couple of months ago that there would be a new Publix and nobody believed me.

Let this be a lesson to you all.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
what you talking about sista?

swgb, maybe I heard PC, rather than PCB for that HD or Lowe's locations, but with three Starbucks at Pier Park, having two Publix supermarkets a few blocks away, isn't too crazy. Heck, the new one they are building in SoWal, is probably only 4-5 miles to the one at Mack Bayou, and there are only traffic lights in between the two stores.