• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SweetTea

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2014
Hello Everyone! My husband and two daughters moved here a month ago from Charleston SC and are starting to get to know the community a little bit. Love the natural beauty here. Anyway my two questions are:
What is the best way to meet locals here?
Does anyone have a GREAT hairdresser?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Well... if ya'll are into the bar crowd there are plenty of those full of locals around here and if not you can find them in many of the churches in the area. Alot you can find at the bar on Saturday AND the church on Sunday. As for hairdressers.. most in the area are excellent.. but with the Florida weather not that many people bother with it.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
If you have children, go to a school board meeting next time its in South Walton. Lots of people there...haha, no there's not.

BUT, with you being a new community member, it might be good to get your take on a disfunctional school system. Check out the other posts on this site for your update on the schools and other goings on.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
There are many of us here who transplanted from somewhere. A lot depends on where you live and your interests.

Volunteer. There are many worthwhile endeavors looking to help things less fortunate. Human, animal, and nature.

Church goer? We attend A Simple Faith. It's not your normal service. Lot's of singing, laughing, love, and no judging. http://asimplefaith.me/