• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bee66

Beach Crab
Apr 14, 2008
minnesota
Hi all,

New to this board, but have owned in the area since '03. Love the beaches, people, and just about everything about Walton County.

For those of you who know Atlanta well, I am looking for some help, as we are considering relocating. ING Investment Management is at the north side of town, and we don't want to commute too far. We like a lot of trees and bike/walking trails. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? I liked Roswell's profile; any opinions?

Thanks in advance. Bee

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi all,

New to this board, but have owned in the area since '03. Love the beaches, people, and just about everything about Walton County.

For those of you who know Atlanta well, I am looking for some help, as we are considering relocating. ING Investment Management is at the north side of town, and we don't want to commute too far. We like a lot of trees and bike/walking trails. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? I liked Roswell's profile; any opinions?

Thanks in advance. Bee

roswell and alpharetta are both nice locations.
not sure about neighborhoods.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

Hi all,

Thanks in advance. Bee
That depends. When you say it is on the north side, where excactly is it located. Roswell is nice but TRAFFIC and coming in can be difficult. Alpharetta is just passed there and is very popular and nice as well. It's all very congested but it is hard to find areas that aren't that way any more.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis

Hi all,

Thanks in advance. Bee

Have a friend that loves Roswell, and have another one in Alpharetta and they are very pleased also. Don't think you could go wrong with either one.

flower-child

Beach Comber
Mar 23, 2008
Atlanta

Hi Bee :wave:

I live in a suburb NW of Atlanta, and commute everyday. It sucks. Try to avoid it if you are able.

I think I know the ING you're talking about (Powers Ferry Road area, right?). If it's the one I think, Alpharetta would be a long commute down GA400...like an 1 1/2 to 2 hours one way. There is an area to the west a little, called Vinnings. It's a nice area, an very pretty. East Cobb County, in Marietta is nice too. They have some of the better schools (Lassiter HS, Pope HS, Sprayberry HS) Another area you might consider is just a little south of ING, in the area around Chastain park. It's a very nice area. Good luck.
:welcome:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance. Bee

bee66

Beach Crab
Apr 14, 2008
minnesota
Thanks for the help on Atlanta

To all who replied to my inquiry of Atlanta, thank you. I think I am looking at the right area now (west burbs, since the commute is to 285/75 intersection area). Sounds like Alpharetta would be too long a commute, and I am better off in Vinings or even Marietta? Any hope of a neighborhood with character in that neck of the woods? Historic districts or recreation? We currently live in a very ordinary suburb of Minneapolis and 30A has spoiled us, so we are hoping for something other than surroundings comprised of concrete. This could be futile I realize!

In the end, we might bag this Atlanta idea and move directly to our modest place in SoWal! Just trying to find a place to stay warm for the rest of our lives!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

We did it permanently in 2003 from Edmond, OK and haven't been sorry a day since. My advice, worth nothing, forget Atlanta. SoWal is the place!

bee66

Beach Crab
Apr 14, 2008
minnesota
Thanks for the help on Atlanta

Thanks, Andy. Your opinion does matter, for the simple reason that you were raised by a wise father!

Maybe I should take all the energy I am pouring into Atlanta research, and dig up some employment in Walton County. The spouse loves the investment industry, so it could be tough!

Have a great evening in the most beautiful part of the country!