• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Hi all,

Kurt did a great virtual tour of our Watersound house which is available for rent:

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/165gulfbridgelane

also VRBO.COM #125219

We're a little new to this stuff, could anyone help me out with taxes? State of Florida is 7%, but I notice everyone charges 11%, so I'm assuming Walton County charges 4%. Is this correct, and if so, how do I go about paying it?

Thanks

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Hi all,

Kurt did a great virtual tour of our Watersound house which is available for rent:

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/165gulfbridgelane

also VRBO.COM #125219

We're a little new to this stuff, could anyone help me out with taxes? State of Florida is 7%, but I notice everyone charges 11%, so I'm assuming Walton County charges 4%. Is this correct, and if so, how do I go about paying it?

Thanks

Your assumption is correct. If you have a management company handling collection of rent for you, then they will pay the taxes. Otherwise you will have to file separately with the state and with Walton County. ShallowsNole is the expert you should be seeking on this matter. :D I'd also be happy to give you an owner's perspective. PM me if interested.

Off to check out the tour!!

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
:clap_1: Beautiful home! The tour and comments are grayt! Congrats and good luck with the rentals!:clap_1:

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
You have a beautiful beach home, you shouldn't have any problems keeping it rented.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Beautiful house! Kurt ALWAYS does superb photography! It shows beautifully!

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
:roll: Wow, what a gorgeous house. Right in the middle of everything. I'm paying my taxes right now. Here's the site, www.touristtax.com/walton. The county I pay quarterly, the state I pay monthly. They give you until the 20th each month, before its late. The county filing should be simpler since they'll calculate it online once you enter the numbers. :blink:

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Hey, we still have the last two weeks of June available (June 21-27 and June 28-July 3) if anyone's interested. We'll give any last minute planners a good deal!