• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Hello all. I finally found an information source for my favorite place on earth! Anyway, this board looks to be a great one with lots of info. I'm coming down in mid-June for a week to turn off the cell phone and relax.

What is the water looking like around dune allen?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Hello all. I finally found an information source for my favorite place on earth! Anyway, this board looks to be a great one with lots of info. I'm coming down in mid-June for a week to turn off the cell phone and relax.

What is the water looking like around dune allen?

:welcome:

Sorry you're landlocked. The water is beautiful and it's warming up nicely. What kind of fish are those in your avatar?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Thank you for responding Kurt. They are mainly Amberjack with a couple King thrown in the mix. I think there may be an Almaco in there, too. They were caught out of Orange Beach.

I've been coming down to Dune Allen since I was a kid but haven't been recently so I can't look forward to the visit.

Do you know of any live webcams in the SoWal area so I can see the water?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Thank you for responding Kurt. They are mainly Amberjack with a couple King thrown in the mix. I think there may be an Almaco in there, too. They were caught out of Orange Beach.

I've been coming down to Dune Allen since I was a kid but haven't been recently so I can't look forward to the visit.

Do you know of any live webcams in the SoWal area so I can see the water?

Nice fish!

Sorry, my webcam got knocked out by Ivan and I have been delinquent in getting a new one set up. But my Nikon is shooting SoWal every day.

Destin and Panama City have some cams but nothing great:
http://www.destincam.com
http://www.beachview.com/panama_city_beach.htm

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I see you are from Alabama...me too. What city?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Well the water in Destin and PC looks good so it must look good in between! I was about to ask about the dog flies but I found that info in an old thread. Good site! Sorry to hear about your webcam. Ivan was tough. I was just down in the Orange Beach area this weekend and they're still all ripped up. They've done an amazing amount of work so far but they have a whole lot left to do.

Thanks for the help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Kathy,

I'm in good ole Montgomery. Where are you?

Kurt-Anyone,

Have you ever tried fishing in Stallworth Lake? I plan on doing some surf fishing and I was wondering if it would be worth it to try the lake. I know there are crab in that lake so maybe some reds???

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Landlocked said:
Kathy,

I'm in good ole Montgomery. Where are you?

I am in Lacey's Spring, (4 miles south of Huntsville, I work in Huntsville though). I used to live in good ole Montgomery...Lived there 1 1/2 years. Welcome to the Board !!!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Thanks for the warm welcome! You'll be seeing me from time to time

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Another question for you folks.

My wife is worried about our one year old son and alligators. Is there a significant gator population in South Walton?