Nightlife near Seagrove

Discussion in 'Music and Nightlife' started by Clearwater FL, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Clearwater FL

Clearwater FL Beach Comber

We're heading up to Seagrove from Clearwater on Saturday for a week. There are 18 of us. Last year we were there on the Monday after the hurricane, so there wasn't much going on close by. Is there any nightlife around Seagrove? I know Destin and PCB have lots to offer, but we're looking for something on 30-A (within crawling distance back to Seagrove....:D ).

2. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

Here's how we roll.

Sunset- Beach in Grayton until the sunsets
    7:30/8- 10- Red Bar
    10- 12- Bud's
    12- Till they kick you out- 331

3. whiteyfunn

whiteyfunn SoWal Staff

:clap_1:

And I'd save all of your energy for Thursday Ladies Night at 331.

4. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

We run out of vacation days before we run out of nightlife on 30-A. :D

Sea Bar
    Red Bar
    Cafe 331
    Pandora's
    Blue Orleans
    Snapperheads

Just for starters. Take a look at some of the other posts in this forum and you'll catch the drift...or as Red Rocket of the WaCo Ramblers says, "Hang onto your livers!" And your dancing feet, too. ;-)

5. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

I shoulda known the Funns would beat me to the punch!! Clearwater, you're in the best hands around when you take advice from the EXPERTS on a funn time! :wub:

6. Clearwater FL

Glad to hear we'll be in great hands with the "funn" group! Now, is this schedule 7 days/week, or are there nights better than others to hang with the locals? Here in CLW, the locals have a different schedule for each night of the week. We want to experience the nightlife at its best on 30-A and do things SoWallers do.

ps.....my liver went on strike years ago! They're so overrated!

7. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

Oh...and keep this number... 850.200.2258. It's Paradise Taxi. Amazing. They just automatically picked us up when 331 closed.
    Tues- Pandora's
    Wed- whatever you'd like
    Thurs- Start at Seabar with the live musi and then go to Ladies night with Vladi at 331
    Friday- Sat- It's a free for all. Go to Bud's early before the crowd and the cover. They have a live band, but stake your claim early. When it gets unbearable, go over to 331. Then you can really cut loose.

I went to Gasparilla in college. I danced on the bar at Bar Tampa in Ybor City. Classy chick here.

8. Clearwater FL

Thanks for the Taxi number and the info. We hit Gasparilla every year on the boat. Bar Tampa was great, but has since closed (I think). Ybor is getting too dangerous anymore. I only go down there once a year or so....I'm getting too old for that type of weekly partying. Hey, no worries about dancing on the bar, my wife has been on that bar several times.ha

9. Cork On the Ocean

Cork On the Ocean directionally challenged

Clearwater, I was raised in Clearwater. Graduated from Clearwater High and went to SPJC. Live on 30A now.

You've got the scoop from the Funn crowd. Don't know if you have kids or what but Seabar on Thurs and Red Bar on Sunday to catch Dread Clampitt are usually pretty busy.

If you want some more chilled activities and/or you have kids;
    Monday Free Theatre on lawn at Seaside
    Tues Free concerts on lawn at Seaside
    Friday Free Movies on lawn at Seaside

And have Funn!

10. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

We were on foot! One of my best friends from college grew up down there. She grew up in Tampa and went to the Academy of Holy Names I think.

We also went to some bar called four green fields. We told a group of guys we were in medical school and I was studying to be a pre-natal brain surgeon. It was truly amazing. This was way back though...back in '99 I think. I also hopped on the back of a Harley while stopped in traffic, but that's a whole different story.

11. jessifunn

jessifunn superJfunn

first you want a keg and know you want to know where to go out :shock: you truely are a wild one.

12. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Academy of Holy Names? For real?

13. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Academy for short. Yes it is real -- an excellent school! My neighbor just graduated from there and is headed up to Auburn this fall. I know you like that one Kimmi ...

And yes it is Four Green Fields. 1/2 mile from my house. Small world!

14. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

:clap_1: Love that! There were about 6 or 7 Academy girls I knew that came up with Brianne.

15. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Where are the Seabar and Snapperheads? For some reason, I thought Snapperheads was no longer there. Maybe they got sold to someone else recently?

16. lindatat

lindatat quirty

Snapperheads is on 30A down towards Santa Rosa Beach. I think it's under new management - there was a thread going a month or two back that mentioned it.

Seabar is across 331 from 331, right on the bay. I believe they will both be closed sometime in the near future so 331 can be widened.

Only made it to Seabar on my visit (and barely!) If I hadn't seen SJ on the porch I'd have probably never figured out how to get inside.

17. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

:dunno:Too many jello shots?:floor:

18. lindatat

lindatat quirty

Good one! Truth be told, I need to get new glasses so I can see at night. I drove right past the place; had to turn around and go back. Parked the car and then couldn't figure out where the door was - I seriously wouldn't have made it in there if I hadn't seen you out in front!