• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks John - another great job. It looks like you're about to need a bigger venue. Maybe have a free film the day or week before the festival for promotion and ticket sales.

Please let us know if we can help you sell more tickets.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
... Additionally, Mountainfilm in Telluride is looking at our event as one of the locations to expand to a mini festival; adding a day, multiple venues, daytime programs, etc... All this is still being hammered out, and is not set in stone yet. As things develop, I'll be sure to let you know.

To get some feedback on our programming this year, could you post what was your favorite film, and what you liked or disliked about the weekend(it doesn't have to be related to just the films, we want to improve your experience every year)?

thanks.

That is great. IMO, with quality films like the ones submitted, I think two evenings is not enough. I'd love to see all of the films, and think that adding an additional evening would be awesome. I also like the idea of having an indoor venue to screen some movies during one of the days. Also, I think that you could tie in the theme of Mtn Film for each year, into a daytime (free) expo on the same topic, maybe tying in local stuff like the Farmer's Market.

Loved the second screen set up this year! Maybe for the early crowd, who wait in line for an hour for the gates to open, short out-takes, or bloopers from the films, could be shown on that second screen while we wait.

I was thinking as I sat in a mostly packed lawn this year, "I wonder if they will have to expand next year?" Camp WaterColor's field would be a good potential location, though I like the amphitheater feel of Cerulean Park.

I definitely liked the brighter front projection this year. It was a huge improvement. Thanks.

I watched a Mtn Film submission not shown at this year's show, Carts of Darkness. It was by far my favorite film. Food, Inc was a great wake up film, and is much appreciated, but I didn't "enjoy" it so much as a film. Very good, and very well done, and very important, but just not entertaining. I had no problem with the length of the film, and heard no comments from others about the length, so I think that is a non-issue. It worked.

I loved Vern's Watermelon film, and also liked the monastary restoration film. The animation of the Spaghette Western was really cool, too, and a great balance to the film like Food, Inc. Speaking of which, I think you guys were right on to show Vern's film on the second night (in addition to Fri), following Food, Inc. That balanced out the seriousness of Food, Inc, with something as serious, but with a very light and happy twist. :clap:

Bridal Veil Falls was a great film, loved the idea of an amputee and blind guy ice climbing the tallest iced over waterfall in Colorado -- makes me get excited about what I could do with vision and extra leg.

Deep Shinsetsu was cool, even though I don't ski.

Drift (Bahamas) was good. I really like these films on interesting characters. Same goes for the Last Butcher in Little Italy.

Samsara really digs in deep, and was one of my favorites!

Careful with that Ax was an intersting idea, but not well executed. (my least favorite)

Overall, 2209 was a great show. Regarding 2010, I like the idea of having an additional night of the hits of the past, but keeping the existing two nights for the new stuff.

Thanks again to all who make Mtn Film on tour at WaterColor possible! It is by far, my favorite event in South Walton. :clap:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I would LOVE another night of films! :love:

Was rather disappointed that w/ the limited time we had, one (Vern)was shown twice - it went very well after Food Inc, but I would rather have seen another film during one of its slots.

My favorite thing about MountainFilm is seeing films about things I know nothing about or topics that make me think - so more Mustang, spaghetti, and extreme unicycling, fewer winter climbing or fishing is my vote.

Red Helmet rocked, the ax just freaked us out.

Still an amazing line-up! Just critiquing! :wave:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Actually this year's bathroom situation was MUCH better than the past - never had more than 6 people in front of me - instead of 15+ like previous years.

Though I certainly wouldn't complain if there were even more!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Actually this year's bathroom situation was MUCH better than the past - never had more than 6 people in front of me - instead of 15+ like previous years.

Cool. I had a little more of a wait and it was not during a break, but I was very thankful for a real bathroom and not a port-o-potty setup.:D

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Baithouse was open- girls had both the girls AND boys!!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yep - can't believe it took years to figure that one out, but it made such a great difference!

P.S. Why do women take so damn long in the bathroom? :dunno: