• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
A friend was telling me that they are no longer inspecting any area restaurants for cleanliness etc.

Is this true?

And if so, why they did they stop?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thanks Chef Ed!

It seemed a little strange, but I heard this from what I thought was a reliable source so I wanted to check it out.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I heard this from a local business that had to move their practice after a year long rat infestation at an adjacent restaurant. Even as a customer of this clinic, I was aware of the rat issue. According to the manager, repeated calls to the health inspector by the clinic administrator did no good, and no one came to inspect the restaurant due to "budget constraints." I know the problem was real, and I seriously doubt the clinic would have undergone the expense of moving their business if a health inspection could have resolved the issue.

Is there public access to the inspections? Do restaurants post the results as in other states?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I was told yesterday that the Walton County Health Dept. is not the responsible party for restaurant inspections. They are conducted by the state. The Dept. of Business and Professional Affairs has the responsibility. The Florida statute covering the the inspections is 509, I was told

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
My roommate warned me not to eat there years ago - not because of the rats, but them using the alley behind the place to do food prep.

Always wondered how they have stayed open so long.