• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Always a lovely visit. Everyone is so welcoming.
Wonderful water. Red/purple flags, first part, then yellow/purple.
Saw lots of pelicans; dolphins, manta?, BIG turtle, deer.
At Seaside, by the Tupelo pavilion, someone bulldozed a longstanding home, and will build something new.
Since there are gates everywhere (same code, thank goodness), didn't see security so much. They were doing other things.
Great Southern changed their happy hour to 3:00 to 5:00 AND removed frozen margaritas from HH.
Wine world HH price is now based on large wine glass size. $10 instead of $8. Love their house salad. Small is huge!
Visitors Center will be moving but apparently not anytime soon. After the road is widened?
LOVE the new Seaside tshirt. Navy blue with drawings of all the pavilions.
Like the new location of the Taco spot at Seaside. The pizza place reduced their outdoor dining space to one side, the other is all bar.
Most of the time, we did not see very many cars using the valet parking except on weekends. Traffic changing to one way, the other way seemed to be better. Fewer cars going the wrong way.
A house named Southern Comfort on the north side of 30A between Seaside and 395 was torn down. New, big house being built. (Was a 1 floor ranch.)
Old Seagrove won't be recognizable. So many big houses replacing small.
The big hole in the middle of Grayton is sad. Did go to Hibiscus party. Stayed there once in January 2013 or 14 after a Sugar Bowl.
I had surgery 4 days before we left, so I couldn't get in the water; ride bikes; eat anything but low fat (AND no alcohol). Still had a lovely time. Walking. Sitting by the water for 6 hours each day. Dining out (a lot of fried food on the menus). Ate a lot of grilled fish, seafood, chicken. Produce. Will make up for it when we return in September.
Our new place to eat this time was Shunk Gulley. Lovely. Sat upstairs.
Too many places. Never enough time.
Ellen

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
We were there at that time. I fish dawn till noon and 4 till sunset everyday. I wore shoes out surfcasting because of the crabs and long pants because of the surgery on my lower leg. It was too rough to fish one day otherwise I had the best week of fishing that I have had in 15 years of coming to Seagrove. Redfish, pomps, bluefish and whiting and we ate fish everyday. This big baby went right back in but it was a great fight!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2437.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2437.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Will have to see what happens in Summer but the valet at Seaside seems like a fail. Valet lot always empty when I drive by. Parking spaces have been greatly reduced because of the valet lot on 30A and by the school. I couldn't find a space like I usually can but refuse to pay for parking so shopped elsewhere.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
Thank you for the report! I was wondering if Seaside allowed scrapes, seen them in Rosemary but not Seaside. Sounds like Seaside also added security gates to all the beach access pavilions except the public one (Coleman)?

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Thank you for the report! I was wondering if Seaside allowed scrapes, seen them in Rosemary but not Seaside. Sounds like Seaside also added security gates to all the beach access pavilions except the public one (Coleman)?

Yes, all pavilions except the public one. Some were going to add a gate on the beach side, but complaints from owners stopped that - at least for now.