• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
They need their butts kicked! Talk about an affront to every Walton County resident and tourist. This is, indeed, the height of arrognance, but then what can you expect of a town where only money rules and they have more of it than sense.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
It says "seating limited", not "beach use limited". I'm wondering if they mean the chairs set out? Often I've seen people not realize those chairs are set up and paid for by specific people. I heard at one time they were trying a bracelet program at Seaside--requiring that Seaside renters wear a plastic bracelet when they go to the beach. Have no idea if they enforced this, or if they are going to expand this idea.

One of the things we like about Seaside is the beach pavilions aren't gated, but I'm wondering if that's next, similar to Alys and Rosemary. I'm guessing the open access is why Seaside often gets so mobbed at peak season and Rosemary isn't as bad. I've been told by retailers in Seaside that parents will drop their tweens and teens off in Seaside for the whole day (they aren't staying there) and pick them up later which accounts for some unruly conditions. I can see why Seaside would want to do something about this, but that means limiting public access which isn't exactly in line with new urbanist ideals.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
If the sign refers to the seating of chairs that are set up, they need to so indicate. The beach belongs to everyone past the HMWL.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
I believe Seaside would say the sign is intended for the Cabana Man chair sets if asked, but it certainty implies something else at first glance. It is a well thought out wording in my opinion.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I agree. It's, more or less, saying :"don't use the chairs".