• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I'm curious. What exactly IS NY style pizza? I had someone ask me practically the same question as yours this weekend. Must be some great pizza. :blink: They kept saying it was nowhere near Chicago style pizza; but I still don't know what NY style is.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Who has the best NY style pizza within a 15 miles radius?

I really like Fat Clemenza's in Miramar Beach. The dough is thin and chewy. You can fold the slice and get the oil running down your arm. Mmmmm.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I'm curious. What exactly IS NY style pizza? I had someone ask me practically the same question as yours this weekend. Must be some great pizza. :blink: They kept saying it was nowhere near Chicago style pizza; but I still don't know what NY style is.

It is totally opposite of Chicago style. No knife and fork needed. The crust is thin and you take the slice and fold it up when you eat it.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Sometimes Salvatore's in PCB gets close to the real deal.

Their pizza is best when it is fresh out of the oven. And yes, the garlic knots are incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:

cooper

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
While not NY style, Bruno's in Seagrove has a fantastic pizza that makes a meal for us at least one night every time we're able to make it down.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'm curious. What exactly IS NY style pizza?

pep%20pizza.jpg

heros_pizza.jpg

Last edited: